*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars not card
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Found a reference photo that matches it https://www.deere.com/assets/images/...der-L-II_1.jpg
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
        She had it good with us and warmed up to everybody over time. Liked sitting on the couch with us when we watched movies. And my daughter doesn't tolerate grumpiness in the animals - she does grabs them and does stuff with them, and easily gives cats baths, trims their nails etc - cats that you would think would shred somebody for that. So I'm happy for the cat - she lived long and did what she wanted, got treats that morning. There were just some post-life circumstances that were really something. I was glad the kids were at Amber's mom's house at the time. Amber, for her part, fled.
        Sorry to hear about your cat.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• A couple years ago one of those chainsaw helicopters worked on the street that intersects ours, maybe 1000' from the house. It would be the topper if we could get one of those to trim our trees. If you have not seen a chainsaw helicopter, it is hard to believe they exist

Comment

One of the cats passed away yesterday. She was old when we got her - a close friend was diagnosed with stage four cancer several years ago and asked us to take the cat. One day, shortly after we had gotten her, she hopped up on the bed. My wife thought she was being like any of our other cats and hopping up to say hi. The cat shit-sprayed her. That is nothing compared to yesterday. Note - the cat was not harmed yesterday, she just laid down in a favorite spot and passed on. But the spot in question was not optimal.
            sorry to hear all around. Cripes.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

A couple years ago one of those chainsaw helicopters worked on the street that intersects ours, maybe 1000' from the house. It would be the topper if we could get one of those to trim our trees. If you have not seen a chainsaw helicopter, it is hard to believe they exist
              I've got a redwood tree that is well over 100 feet tall in my front yard. And my front yard is small. Someone planted a redwood tree like 10 feet from a house. Who does that? Anyway, it's lifting my driveway and the neighbor's. I would love for one of those choppers to come in and demolish it. We probably will get it taken down sometime in the next year or two. Shame to destroy a plant like that... I usually wouldn't, but the thing is doing some damage.

Plus, it casts a ton of shade on my rosebushes and they don't look well at all. The needs of the many outnumber the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

• A thinly veiled warning to any that would cast shade on heye's rosebushes

Comment

• If you see a chainsaw helicopter on your street.... run!
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

A thinly veiled warning to any that would cast shade on heye's rosebushes
                    There's something here about his bush and jealousy of the tall pole but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      There's something here about his bush and jealousy of the tall pole but I can't quite put my finger on it.
                      keep your fingers off my bush.

Comment

• We need to nip this in the bud
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• On a more serious note, frae, I hope you will be okay and your school district will be safe. I don't envy you trying to figure out how to handle things, and I wish our governments at every level--local, state, federal, were doing their utmost to help you and give you all the resources, information, funding, and equipment that you need.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            We need to nip this in the bud
                            Could get thorny. I don't want to get pricked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              On a more serious note, frae, I hope you will be okay and your school district will be safe. I don't envy you trying to figure out how to handle things, and I wish our governments at every level--local, state, federal, were doing their utmost to help you and give you all the resources, information, funding, and equipment that you need.
                              I can't speak for the long-term planning by local, state and federal governments, but at least I'm trying to plan ahead for all possible scenarios vis-a-vis next year's PONY auction.

Comment

There have been some people using large equipment putting in a radish farm across the street from our house, so Amber asked one of them if they would pull a couple tree stumps for us. So there is a 12' tall john deere bulldozer driving through the yard, with a grabber on the back that could easily pick up one of our card.
                                I was going to say that your neighborhood has a lot more interesting machinery than mine....then I realized there is a crane about 5 blocks away putting in a light rail station and platform for the tracks.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X