Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I'm glad both of you are okay.

I talked to my elderly parents a couple days ago and encouraged them to stay home if at all possible. My brother lives near them and told them he would go to the grocery store or run other errands for them, so I'm grateful for that. My mom, who is 86, usually drives another older friend to her doctor appointments, but she arranged for someone else to take the friend to the appointment this week.

I also encouraged them not to go to church. Their church finally came around to their senses and canceled services yesterday, which I was glad to hear.
    Thanks. I hope that people take this seriously enough that other parts of the country are spared from the huge outbreaks that have occurred in Seattle/NY/SF Area. THe problem is that no one takes it seriously until their area has a big outbreak. Seems like we are making progress, and it seems really fast, but I worry it is too slow. People might think that as long as they don't go to a concert or large gathering they can just go on living their normal life. Saw huge crowds at Disney World yesterday. Uggghh.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• FYI, a couple twitter accounts that have pretty good links fairly frequently.

Trevor Bedford
      Mark Lipsitch

Guys who are somewhat politcal, but lots of Corona info

Jon Stokes
      Matt Stoller
      Dave Dayen
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Out at the supermarket now. Average age must be 85. Cripes
        Last edited by heyelander; 03-16-2020, 05:21 PM.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Out away the supermarket now. Average age must be 85. Cripes
          Oh man, one would wish they had people to get their supplies for them. Or hopefully it isn't a case of them absorbing Fox News propaganda and deciding it's okay to be out. I know my FIL and his wife have Fox News literally running constantly in their house.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Oh man, one would wish they had people to get their supplies for them. Or hopefully it isn't a case of them absorbing Fox News propaganda and deciding it's okay to be out. I know my FIL and his wife have Fox News literally running constantly in their house.
            Devin Nunes told me on Fox that it is a great time to eat out !
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It is scary to look at your.post in the corona thread and realize each single instance will geow exponentially if we dont do something. Plus these are only the confirmed cases. Many more we dont know about
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Thinking about getting a mohawk since i dont need to go i to work and my daugher would have fun cutting my hair. I was going to save it for my last day of work but now just feels right
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  It is scary to look at your.post in the corona thread and realize each single instance will geow exponentially if we dont do something. Plus these are only the confirmed cases. Many more we dont know about
                  Yeah, I wonder what the picture will look like in a week, both with community transmission and with the expanded testing we are being promised to happen this week.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Thinking about getting a mohawk since i dont need to go i to work and my daugher would have fun cutting my hair. I was going to save it for my last day of work but now just feels right
                    I already pictured you with a mohawk.

Comment

Yeah, I wonder what the picture will look like in a week, both with community transmission and with the expanded testing we are being promised to happen this week.
                      Going to get worse. Hoping against hope it isnt much, much worse.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I offered to go get everything for my parents... even joked that I'm a professional food delivery person now, so I have experience.

Got a text from my mom this morning... "Dad is headed out to Sams and then Raleys, anyone need anything?"

I am 100% certain they did not get this from Fox news.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I offered to go get everything for my parents... even joked that I'm a professional food delivery person now, so I have experience.

Got a text from my mom this morning... "Dad is headed out to Sams and then Raleys, anyone need anything?"

I am 100% certain they did not get this from Fox news.
                          Give them a list 100 items long so they never have to go back
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Reading from all sorts of sources that Republicans are essentially viewing capitulation to coronavirus restrictions as some sort of Democrat victory and, as such, are steadfastly refusing to socially distance and the like. The anti-science party is really coming home to roost now. Of course, Trump and a bunch of other Republican "leaders" are either downplaying the seriousness of the pandemic or even actively encouraging people to disregard CDC recommendations so I suppose it's not all that shocking, sad as it is to say.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Reading from all sorts of sources that Republicans are essentially viewing capitulation to coronavirus restrictions as some sort of Democrat victory and, as such, are steadfastly refusing to socially distance and the like. The anti-science party is really coming home to roost now. Of course, Trump and a bunch of other Republican "leaders" are either downplaying the seriousness of the pandemic or even actively encouraging people to disregard CDC recommendations so I suppose it's not all that shocking, sad as it is to say.
                              From the beginning Trump was trying to limit testing to hope this would go away. That is what the asshole should be impeached for, but too late for that. I still see stuff where it is clear that people don't understand science and math, or just want to believe Fox or whatever Republican site they get news from. It's going to kill a lot of people and make this much worse than it should be. I really hope this wakes some people up, but I am not hopeful. I saw a poll from a day or so ago where 45% of Americans approved of how Trump is handling this and 75% have made small or nonexistent changes in their lifestyles.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

From the beginning Trump was trying to limit testing to hope this would go away. That is what the asshole should be impeached for, but too late for that. I still see stuff where it is clear that people don't understand science and math, or just want to believe Fox or whatever Republican site they get news from. It's going to kill a lot of people and make this much worse than it should be. I really hope this wakes some people up, but I am not hopeful. I saw a poll from a day or so ago where 45% of Americans approved of how Trump is handling this and 75% have made small or nonexistent changes in their lifestyles.
                                And to be clear, head in the sand shit is not just from Republicans (although certainly moreso), my personal experience is that people just can't accept or believe what is happening. And they won't until it is really horrible.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X