*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
    The first couple I got after the change got spam filtered. I had to tell Gmail that emails from RJ weren't spam unless they had Johnny's name in them. Now it works again.
    I've got nothing from rotojunkie in my inbox, spam folder, or trash since 12/27

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
      who actually did come in second in bWAR in the league, behind a guy who went 13-18 with a 1.431 WHIP and more walks than strikeouts and who looks clearly worse than a couple other pitchers, so I dunno what's going on with that.
      OK, now I'm curious about what the heck is going on with the bWAR pitching formula.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        OK, now I'm curious about what the heck is going on with the bWAR pitching formula.
        In 1950 Ned Garver was third in IP, first in ERA+ (he was 20-12 the following year with a higher ERA)
        The St Louis Browns has a 5.20 ERA overall. Garver has a 3.39 while pitching 1/5th of their innings.

Garver's BWAR may have benefited from the Browns having such unusually bad pitching overall.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          In 1950 Ned Garver was third in IP, first in ERA+ (he was 20-12 the following year with a higher ERA)
          The St Louis Browns has a 5.20 ERA overall. Garver has a 3.39 while pitching 1/5th of their innings.

Garver's BWAR may have benefited from the Browns having such unusually bad pitching overall.
          It almost has to be the terrible Browns pitching that caused it (which obviously on its own should not play a role in a good individual metric).

If you look at Blackwell or Sal Maglie, their individual stats were significantly better.

Seems like the park adjustment had to be wrong for Stl.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            17.09 Hardy Richardson 2B 1879

If it is any consolation, there were several stat changes that help him pending...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              If it is any consolation, there were several stat changes that help him pending...
              Hopefully Gore too ! That was painful taking his BY
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Not getting Gorgeous George Sisler is one of my regrets in this draft. I'm taking Bottomley here because it feels like the bottomley falls out of the 1920s after him, at least for my team.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Not getting Gorgeous George Sisler is one of my regrets in this draft. I'm taking Bottomley here because it feels like the bottomley falls out of the 1920s after him, at least for my team.
                  Kind of a depressing read for someone who just claimed Sunny Jim
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Wasn't my fault Gorgeous George got taken. Blame the run on 1920's picks that forced my hand. Really didn't want to have to pick a 1920s when I did. That said, The Handsomest One probably shouldn't have been available, especially after a 1920s run.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Kind of a depressing read for someone who just claimed Sunny Jim
                      Drafting Mr. Bottomley = Losing
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• There are many pictures of Gorgeous George, but I like that they decided to make a "statue" of the one picture where he's squinting from the sun.

Comment

• Maybe Goregeous George Gore needs a statue too
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Maybe Goregeous George Gore needs a statue too
                            Display My Boy in Limestone
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Display My Boy in Limestone
                              Dextrously Machined Bronze Legs

Comment

• Dapper Man Bends Light
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X