*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    There are no posts from you in this thread with the phrase "rental car" prior to today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Weird. Don't know why my search didn't turn that up.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I stand corrected.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          did I tell my rental car story here? I was very proud of it... can't remember if I yapped about it here or not.
          Go on...
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm headed back to philly in two weeks. rental car prices are ridiculous.
            Ah, so, I was bitching about this on a work call a couple of weeks back. It was going to cost me $750 for a car for 8 days in Philly. Worse, I was looking at a car for Kauai and Costco travel didn't even have any available. A google search was coming up with prices around $1600 for 7 days. We were just going to skip it, figured I could Lyft anywhere we wanted to go. My only concern was that I wasn't sure a driver would want me throwing wet scuba gear in his trunk. But, whatever. Maybe I would skip it.

So I'm bitching on the call and one of my coworkers mentions that Company XYZ gets discounts at Hertz and I should check it out. I figured maybe it would be like 10% off, or $50 or something... but whatever, I'll looki.

Ended up getting the car for Philly for $340 and the one for Kauai for $310! I'm like, no bonus needed this year, I just got it!
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Go on...
              ...and on...

Comment

...and on...
                hey... at least I used paragraphs...

Comment

And capitalization!

Comment

um, you have no idea what a field of land mines you just stepped in. I'll give you a bit of time to exit gracefully, in spite of your mischaracterizations. you are one step forward away from stepping on a really big one.

#BOOM
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And capitalization!
                      um, you have no idea what a field of land mines you just stepped in. I'll give you a bit of time to exit gracefully, in spite of your mischaracterizations. you are one step forward away from stepping on a really big one.

#BOOM
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• and then there's this from today...

Hawaii’s government addressed its rising COVID-19 cases with a blunt statement on Monday, directly telling tourists to reschedule their trips as the Delta variant spreads throughout the islands and hospitals reach their capacities.

“It is not a good time to travel to the islands,” Governor David Ige said. “I encourage everyone to restrict and curtail travel to Hawaii.”
                        Don't they know I got a great deal on a car!?!?!

This was touted as delayed honeymoon. RJEL wife just announced "This marriage SUCKS!"

She should have lived through my last one...

Comment

• Actually, thinking about it... my two marriages do have one thing in common....

Comment

Actually, thinking about it... my two marriages do have one thing in common....
                            Lack of…

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              Lack of…
                              nope... me.

Comment

I stand corrected.
                                I sit correctee

Comment

Working...
                                X