*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Big time. Alomar way back in the 3rd looks not so great, either. There are still a few guys out there that have changed the landscape of bad letters at least a little bit. I didn't account for them --- guys like Matt Kemp or Jake Arrieta or Mike Napoli.
    Of the crummy letters, K has improved the most since we last did this, followed by A and V, and then J.

Comment

• Yeah ... I invested in a lot of so so letters early this draft. There have been quite a few Arrietas hanging around longer than expected this draft ... always seemingly at letters I've already picked

Comment

• I made my first pitcher scoring before rd 17, so Arrieta stood out then. I hadn't compared him to prior picks when I took him, but my scoring does have him in the same neighborhood as three of the A picks in rounds 9-10.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Hating the state I've left my end game. Rusty AF!

That was a very hard pick.

Comment

• This last round has really thinned my options. No player I absolutely had to have, but lots of good picks. Putz was probably closest to a player I had to have, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go that route with my P yet. Guess the answer is no.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I wasn't sure if I wanted to go that route with my P yet.
              Is this something you question regularly?

Comment

• I'm going to be out of cell range for about ~28 hours on a camping trip. I just picked this morning but my pick may come up again. If so, you guys have fun with the Ken draft again.

Comment

• In a vast field of things I got wrong, I think the biggest was not realizing how big the gap is between O and E. I would feel a lot better with Buck Ewing and Gregg Olson in the 20th round than Jim O'Rourke and whoever I eventually take for my E.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    In a vast field of things I got wrong, I think the biggest was not realizing how big the gap is between O and E. I would feel a lot better with Buck Ewing and Gregg Olson in the 20th round than Jim O'Rourke and whoever I eventually take for my E.
                    Yes, O was already the best of OVEN, and it has gotten better relative to ENV.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Sorry I had to coach a game and left on the bus at 1:30 and didn't get home till 7 est and then had to go back out to drive my daughter around. Finally sitting here and picked.

Comment

Yes, O was already the best of OVEN, and it has gotten better relative to ENV.
                        Perhaps QUIZY OVEN has been replaced by QUIZ ENVY ?
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm here and will pick Irishly.

Comment

• We are moving like molasses flowing uphill in January. I have my next pick in mind, but if we wait too long, I may decide to regret it before I ever make it!

Comment

• I'm guessing the winning score will be around 190 points, or perhaps just a hair over that. And I see at least six strong contenders for the top spot, which is unusual this late in the game.

Comment

I'm guessing the winning score will be around 190 points, or perhaps just a hair over that. And I see at least six strong contenders for the top spot, which is unusual this late in the game.
                                Everyone got good while you were away
                                Last edited by johnnya24; 12-16-2018, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X