Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Wow, I forgot we changed that.
    Holy cow. No wonder you guys were picking these random contemporary hitters so early. I assumed the old spreadsheet was wrong! Doh.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• p.s. that is an excellent .sig eld.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• This timing of that Carlos Quentin inspired modern eligibility discussion had me a little worried.

Comment

• A spoonful of sugar helps the QUIZY go down.

Comment

• QUIZY run!
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              QUIZY run!
              Someone's been waiting a long time to say that

Comment

• Man, you guys got immense value out of those "new normal" QUIZYs. I had no idea at all that was happening, although I see now where it was discussed.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I couldn't understand why CJ took Upton over Utley until I realised the era difference back in round 4.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I should have said something at the time. My early picks of Upton & Napoli were devalued as others were able to wait.
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      I couldn't understand why CJ took Upton over Utley until I realised the era difference back in round 4.
                      Yeah, I had no idea. I thought it was a moderately odd pick at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        I should have said something at the time. My early picks of Upton & Napoli were devalued as others were able to wait.
                        Both were solid picks in my (retrospective) view. Sucks that I filled up my MI and C slots so relatively early. I maybe could have gotten some of that sweet crappy letter, modern hitter stuff out of the way. I blame Arky Vaughan and his ancestors.

Comment

• man, taking ARod and Utley with my first 3/4 picks has really hamstrung me this draft... I mean, seriously, I wasn't going to finish top half anyway, but it's been a pain point.

Comment

man, taking ARod and Utley with my first 3/4 picks has really hamstrung me this draft... I mean, seriously, I wasn't going to finish top half anyway, but it's been a pain point.
                            I hate how my single Pujols pick hamstrung my options. I felt I had to avoid all MH options for the next 10 rounds at least. I think I need to punish typical early modern hitters a lot more in my formulas.

4 MHs feels right in Letter drafts IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              I hate how my single Pujols pick hamstrung my options. I felt I had to avoid all MH options for the next 10 rounds at least. I think I need to punish typical early modern hitters a lot more in my formulas.

4 MHs feels right in Letter drafts IMO.
                              we had flex at one point, didn't we? like 6 Modern or Vintage Hitters

Comment

we had flex at one point, didn't we? like 6 Modern or Vintage Hitters
                                Oh yeah. Something like that. Can't recall exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X