*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    It takes time to learn the secrets of the Amish.
    Everyone knows “The first rule of Being Amish”

Comment

Hey Ken ... listen ... I know you're new around here, but lemme give you a few VD survival tips.

First and foremost, don't apologize for anything in the VD Com Thread. It just makes you look weak. These muther fuckers prey on weakness. If you don't want to be the new heyelander, I'd suggest you toughen up a bit and think attack rather than appease. Imagine you're a member of the gang, and you just walked into Paddy's Pub.

Did you see what I did there? Onto tip number 2:

If in doubt blame heyelander or TAFKA Diablo. Pick your medicine depending on how you want your obfuscation of blame to evolve. I'd suggest "a heyelander" if you're looking for a more personable humorous interaction to deflect from your obvious and disrespectful tardiness; or "a diablo" if you are in the mood for a scrap. VD drafters have limited attention spans. You just need to keep the shiny object in vision range long enough for their concentration to waver to the next distraction.

You're welcome.
      Straight droppin!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        You aren’t a real VDer if someone doesn’t give you shit about how long it took to pick anyways. You know you are in trouble when School teacher Frae shows up with his Pink Barbie laptop and make you check your Math or a bag of dicks shows up on your porch.
        Eat a bag of Barbie laptops!

Comment

It takes time to learn the secrets of the Amish.
          Or to learn what Squids mom really likes!

Comment

• That moment when you are tooling along the highway in Idaho and you look down and you're doing 100 in your 15 year old prius...
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              That moment when you are tooling along the highway in Idaho and you look down and you're doing 100 in your 15 year old prius...
              The only speeding ticket I ever got was in my volt. I keep telling people it has more speed to it then any gas car I have ever drove.

Comment

• this thing snuck up on me. Haven't downloaded the the spreadsheet so I'll go with Johnny's pick from VD6.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Right, he switched when we moved to the new site. The "old" VDs went up to #22 or 23 and then we restarted and are now on #12. But what I meant was that we've been doing these drafts for a really fucking long time. Looks like I've probably done 30 of them altogether and I think the very first one was probably 15-20 years ago.

Edit: Looking at the old sheets is like using an RJ time machine. Lots of memories associated with some old school participants --- ezeagle, billbuckner, Ike, Squid, Glad, El Diablo.
                  Fixed. And welcome back
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm out of contact for a while partying super hard with a bunch of six year olds, in case it gets to me. Back on in a few hours!
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      I'm out of contact for a while partying super hard with a bunch of six year olds, in case it gets to me. Back on in a few hours!
                      Is this that thing where you drink copious quantities of cheap beer and throw frisbees at each other as hard as you can ?
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Is this that thing where you drink copious quantities of cheap beer and throw frisbees at each other as hard as you can ?
                        Ha, it was an actual kid birthday party. That out of the way, though, I'm off to chuck frisbees at people's heads now. Pabst Blue Ribbon will likely be involved.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

this thing snuck up on me. Haven't downloaded the the spreadsheet so I'll go with Johnny's pick from VD6.
                          FYI ... I wouldn't pay attention to VD6 as a guide ... it was a Letter & Decade draft I think.

J

Also, you need to clean out your PM's

Comment

FYI ... I wouldn't pay attention to VD6 as a guide ... it was a Letter & Decade draft I think.

J

Also, you need to clean out your PM's
                            Crap...thought someone said this one was similar to vd6.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well Lajoie is normally a R1 turn pick ... so won't be a biggy in terms of value.

Comment

I think VD9 is closest in format.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X