*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Right, he switched when we moved to the new site. The "old" VDs went up to #22 or 23 and then we restarted and are now on #12. But what I meant was that we've been doing these drafts for a really fucking long time. Looks like I've probably done 30 of them altogether and I think the very first one was probably 15-20 years ago.

Edit: Looking at the old sheets is like using an RJ time machine. Lots of memories associated with some old school participants --- ezeagle, billbuckner, Ike, Squid, Glad....
    I think someone tried to get Squid back for this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I think someone tried to get Squid back for this one.
      Heye did I don’t think I ever got to play with Squid. I came on shortly after he left.
      Last edited by hacko; 11-08-2018, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        Here did I don’t think I ever got to play with Squid. I came on shortly after he left.
        Scary thing is, aside from Johnny, I think Frae and I have done more of these than anyone. We both were rookies for VD IV (as was CJ, but he's slipped more than a few.) I think I've missed 1, possibly 2, not sure about Keith.

On another note, can I post a picture here without putting it up on some intermediary site?
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Here did I don’t think I ever got to play with Squid. I came on shortly after he left.
          Squidward was super active and entertaining, would always be a Top 3 poster in the threads, played in 15/16 drafts ... then just cold turkey quit, not just VD, but RJ. And never came back.

Back in the day the Com threads were a sight to behold ... though they tended to defy description.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Scary thing is, aside from Johnny, I think Frae and I have done more of these than anyone. We both were rookies for VD IV (as was CJ, but he's slipped more than a few.) I think I've missed 1, possibly 2, not sure about Keith.

On another note, can I post a picture here without putting it up on some intermediary site?
            Some other OGs were: B-Fly (this was all his idea BTW ... inspired from another site if I recall correct), Pogues, Mr Squidward, Cavebird, Joncarlos (I think)

Other possible OG's: Ezeagle, Ike, Revo(!?), Off_The_Wall (never missed a draft for year after year, then just disappeared ... he played in the first draft on the new site, and that was it ... his RJ account is no longer active)

Most regulars on both sites tried at least one VD, though a few regs have never dabbled: Bhob, Erik, Fresno, Hornsby, Griswold, Lucky/Redbirds

Heyelander, CJ, KS all joined around VD4-6. I'm not sure how old school TAFKA Diablo and Frae are, but they go way back also.

We did send JC an invite right?
            Last edited by johnnya24; 11-08-2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Some other OGs were: B-Fly (this was all his idea BTW ... inspired from another site if I recall correct), Pogues, Mr Squidward, Cavebird, Joncarlos (I think)

Other possible OG's: Ezeagle, Ike, Revo(!?), Off_The_Wall

Most regulars on both sites tried at least one VD, though a few regs have never dabbled: Bhob, Erik, Fresno, Hornsby, Griswold, Lucky/Redbirds

Heyelander, CJ, KS all joined around VD4-6. I'm not sure how old school TAFKA Diablo and Frae are, but they go way back also.

Jc, Frae, and Heye got me in at one of our Pony Drafts. I think JC had the biggest Push then he got out. He Squided me . The bastard.

Comment

Other possible OG's: Ezeagle, Ike, Revo(!?), Off_The_Wall (never missed a draft for year after year, then just disappeared ... he played in the first draft on the new site, and that was it ... his RJ account is no longer active)

AMCG, Funkley, Bogarts, Nacked Ricci, Gladheateher...

I thought horns played one or two...

I can't remember if I came here based on the Yahoo leagues Johnny use to run or if I got into your yahoo leagues after playing this. I think the former. CJ was playing with you on yahoo and pulled me in.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

AMCG, Funkley, Bogarts, Nacked Ricci, Gladheateher...

I thought horns played one or two...

I can't remember if I came here based on the Yahoo leagues Johnny use to run or if I got into your yahoo leagues after playing this. I think the former. CJ was playing with you on yahoo and pulled me in.
                  Yeah I invited you both to VD specifically.

Did NakedRicci do a VD?

Others who have dabbled from time to time: billlbuckner, buckybuckner, RiffRaff, Long John, MoonlightJ

Not sure's: GITH, hammer, CBB, OJH

I'll try and hoke out some old VD sheets when I get Excel.

Comment

• Is Ken aware he's up?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Is Ken aware he's up?
                      Sorry guys I have been out of the country with no internet, I had noted that a few weeks back but I know it has been a while. I'll pick now.

Comment

Yeah I've been in since 4 and have always agreed to play. I got close to winning once, but otherwise I just sort of putz along for the fun of it. At the time it really helped me learn about some old baseball players I really knew very little about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Sorry guys I have been out of the country with no internet, I had noted that a few weeks back but I know it has been a while. I'll pick now.
                          No worries, just some guys are usually unaware when these things actually start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Hey Ken ... listen ... I know you're new around here, but lemme give you a few VD survival tips.

First and foremost, don't apologize for anything in the VD Com Thread. It just makes you look weak. These muther fuckers prey on weakness. If you don't want to be the new heyelander, I'd suggest you toughen up a bit and think attack rather than appease. Imagine you're a member of the gang, and you just walked into Paddy's Pub.

Did you see what I did there? Onto tip number 2:

If in doubt blame heyelander or TAFKA Diablo. Pick your medicine depending on how you want your obfuscation of blame to evolve. I'd suggest "a heyelander" if you're looking for a more personable humorous interaction to deflect from your obvious and disrespectful tardiness; or "a diablo" if you are in the mood for a scrap. VD drafters have limited attention spans. You just need to keep the shiny object in vision range long enough for their concentration to waiver to the next distraction.

You're welcome.
                            Last edited by johnnya24; 11-09-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Hey Ken ... listen ... I know you're new around here, but lemme give you a few VD survival tips.

First and foremost, don't apologize for anything in the VD Com Thread. It just makes you look weak. These muther fuckers prey on weakness. If you don't want to be the new heyelander, I'd suggest you toughen up a bit and think attack rather than appease. Imagine you're a member of the gang, and you just walked into Paddy's Pub.

Did you see what I did there? Onto tip number 2:

If in doubt blame heyelander or TAFKA Diablo. Pick your medicine depending on how you want your obfuscation of blame to evolve. I'd suggest "a heyelander" if you're looking for a more personable humorous interaction to deflect from your obvious and disrespectful tardiness; or "a diablo" if you are in the mood for a scrap. VD drafters have limited attention spans. You just need to keep the shiny object in vision range long enough for their concentration to waver to the next distraction.
                              You're welcome.
                              You aren’t a real VDer if someone doesn’t give you shit about how long it took to pick anyways. You know you are in trouble when School teacher Frae shows up with his Pink Barbie laptop and make you check your Math or a bag of dicks shows up on your porch.

Comment

You aren’t a real VDer if someone doesn’t give you shit about how long it took to pick anyways. You know you are in trouble when School teacher Frae shows up with his Pink Barbie laptop and make you check your Math or a bag of dicks shows up on your porch.
                                It takes time to learn the secrets of the Amish.

Comment

Working...
                                X