*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
    Apologies as I'm sure this has been discussed - does this include 2018?
    Yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      No worries. I just changed it to allow for edits:

Now I'm also thinking if it would be a good idea to make the SeitzerSheet a Google spreadsheet as well?
      You don't happen to have anything with the positions columns as well, by chance, do you?
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        You don't happen to have anything with the positions columns as well, by chance, do you?
        Shit do you want him to make your picks for you too��

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          Shit do you want him to make your picks for you too��
          Technically speaking, I am the reigning champion of RotoJunkie vintage drafting! My master plan is to make this draft drag on as long as possible in order to keep the title that I will inevitably lose upon conclusion of this one.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Technically speaking, I am the reigning champion of RotoJunkie vintage drafting! My master plan is to make this draft drag on as long as possible in order to keep the title that I will inevitably lose upon conclusion of this one.
            Ok as long as you got a plan.

Dick

Comment

Ok as long as you got a plan.

Dick

Comment

OK, added.

Comment

OK, added.
                  Awesome, thanks! Now if you'll just add the entirety of the rest of the Seitzersheet plus throw in some ranking formulas, then we'll be all set!

Seriously though, thanks for putting the work in.

Comment

Watching MLB network - and who flashes across the screen . KS name getting a job. Woot woot Mike
                    Hammering Hank was reported very disappointed KS did not take him with his first pick - looks like some fences will have to be mended.

Comment

• I've been sifting through old VD spreadsheets and taking a look at the old drafts and just realized that my old rankings sheet's counting stats stopped in 2008. Have we really been doing these things for more than a decade? Holy frijoles!

Edit: It was VD 19 or something. Have we been doing these things for TWO decades? My god, what have I done with my life?

Comment

I've been sifting through old VD spreadsheets and taking a look at the old drafts and just realized that my old rankings sheet's counting stats stopped in 2008. Have we really been doing these things for more than a decade? Holy frijoles!

Edit: It was VD 19 or something. Have we been doing these things for TWO decades? My god, what have I done with my life?
                        LOL. The last one was in 2016. For some reason, Johnny reset the clock back with VD1 in 2011 or so.

But yes, the first one I did was back in 2003 or 2004. And that was far from being the first one. So I've been doing VDs for almost as long as I've been married and for longer than my kids have been around.

Comment

No, the last one was in 2016. For some reason, Johnny reset the clock back to VD1 in 2011 or so.
                          Right, he switched when we moved to the new site. The "old" VDs went up to #22 or 23 and then we restarted and are now on #12. But what I meant was that we've been doing these drafts for a really fucking long time. Looks like I've probably done 30 of them altogether and I think the very first one was probably 15-20 years ago.

Edit: Looking at the old sheets is like using an RJ time machine. Lots of memories associated with some old school participants --- ezeagle, billbuckner, Ike, Squid, Glad....

Comment

Right, he switched when we moved to the new site. The "old" VDs went up to #22 or 23 and then we restarted and are now on #12. But what I meant was that we've been doing these drafts for a really fucking long time. Looks like I've probably done 30 of them altogether and I think the very first one was probably 15-20 years ago.

Edit: Looking at the old sheets is like using an RJ time machine. Lots of memories associated with some old school participants --- ezeagle, billbuckner, Ike, Squid, Glad....
                            This site is so old that I now count Hammer among my closest friends (and he's the Godfather for one of my sons), and I met him through here!

Comment

• One of the crowning achievements of my life was winning VD XX.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

LOL. The last one was in 2016. For some reason, Johnny reset the clock back with VD1 in 2011 or so.

But yes, the first one I did was back in 2003 or 2004. And that was far from being the first one. So I've been doing VDs for almost as long as I've been married and for longer than my kids have been around.
                                Oh yeah ... blame me! Blame the foreigner.

Think we did 24 on the old site.

I would be cool with reverting to the total Vd number. but probably not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X