*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
    i could had waited on sandberg but he was the only one I knew to take for sure - I know I have no chance as only crap pitchers and 1 more hitter to take. but considering the time I took to look at spreadsheets not to unhappy with my performance. did better in decades this time then last. still dont have a good handle on it
    Yeah, sometimes it's best to pick a sure-thing if you aren't sure about your other options ... quite often actually.

Comment

• Sheet will need a minor fix, for total player count of three teams (it is used in validation)

Effects the last three used team tabs (DMT, ContJ, Feral)
      Cell:B69
      Current Formula: =COUNT(I18:I27,I52:I66)
      Update to: =COUNT(I18:I29,I52:I66)
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Arrieta is interesting.....I had his 2015 season as the 89th best season of all time, but 13th among non-deadball starting pitchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          Sheet will need a minor fix, for total player count of three teams (it is used in validation)

Effects the last three used team tabs (DMT, ContJ, Feral)
          Cell:B69
          Current Formula: =COUNT(I18:I27,I52:I66)
          Update to: =COUNT(I18:I29,I52:I66)
          Thank you sir!

It needed changing on all the team pages.

Fixed

EDIT: fixed on my projection sheet, not the actual sheet ... if you are reading this after having already downloaded the updated sheet ... download again pls.
          Last edited by johnnya24; 11-30-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• History Thread updated

Comment

• 5 earned runs in 74 IP ... that much have been one crazy season.

Comment

• up for an 8am east coast conference call, so early pick for you all!
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I know it's my pick. I've got to run around for a bit. Pick up by lunch-ish, I hope.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• repeat until bleeding.

This draft went so much better in my head. I really need to figure out what the fuck I'm doing wrong so I can be more competitive.

Comment

• So, what are we doing for the next Vintage Draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        So, what are we doing for the next Vintage Draft?
                        I am game for anything like Eld My time is limited in researching but I still need to get my VD fix in. Takes my mind off all the other Bullshit/assclowns!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                          I am game for anything like Eld My time is limited in researching but I still need to get my VD fix in. Takes my mind off all the other Bullshit/assclowns!!!!!
                          I personally don't think we can realistically do a "left over" draft ... which was suggested earlier. Thin pickings left. But I guess that is still on the cards, so that's still a maybe.

Assuming we don't want to repeat these last 2 drafts ... some other options:

- Franchise Draft ... they were fun (if we can find the old Franchise rules)

- We were doing period drafts last time around ... we did the vintage era (up to 1920) and the middle era (1920 - 1980 I think) ... but we never finished this sequence by doing a "Modern Era" draft

- Combo draft ... Letters and Decades ... not sure it would be wise to do a combo draft with Franchises until we have done a straight up Franchise draft.

- Also remember that we have never done the mother of all drafts - the Letter, Decade and Franchise combo draft ... maybe this time we can build up to that?

Comment

• Don't think I had joined up when you guys did Franchise Drafts -- how did that work? One player from each franchise?

Comment

• I vote to do the modern era draft next.

Comment

• I thought the franchise draft was fun, and it would be a nice set-up for the super duper triple-decker.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X