X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Lol, I might actually order this one.
    That's awesome!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Such a homer.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• UPDATE YOUR SPREADSHEETS PLEASE

I've added 2 more tabs to the Sheet ... "hit_comb" and "pit_comb".

These are standalone sheets, so you can mess around with them as much as you like without damaging the sheet.

DON'T SAY I DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR YA NOW!

Hopefully in the future you can copy paste your ranking formulas into the new sheet without having to maintain multiple spreadsheets ... everyone except me that is

For ease, you can also use the "number filter" and "text filter" options under the arrow-drop-down-menu at the top of each column, rather than using the "sort and filter" menus.

I will add the positions to the hit_comb sheet another time. I forgot about that.

-------------

I also noticed some oddities as I was compiling these.

1. Some of the QUIZY's had their player codes changed to 99 instead of 01 on the hit_seas sheet ... Cy Young had - youngcy99 instead of youngcy01 (Cy Young's hitting stats). There were 5 or 6 others also. Fixed.

2. Some of the 2015 BY's still have incorrect player ID's. I have have fixed all of the hitters, but there are still some outstanding pitchers. So if you plug in a 2015 pitcher, and it doesn't register, check the pit_seas / pit_car sheets to make sure the playerID is correctly entered.
        Last edited by johnnya24; 11-21-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Edit:

So I amended the hitter sheet to add positions ... So if you downloaded the new sheet before reading this, download it again.

j

Tip:

If you use the drop down filter, select: "Text Filter" > "Contains..." > "2B" it will easily filter all the 2B.

You can also simply combine filters: "contains" "2B" or "SS".

To revert, click the drop down filter again, and then: "Clear Filter from XXX".

This is assuming you're using Excel. I'm not sure how this will convert if you are using another Speadsheet program.
          Last edited by johnnya24; 11-21-2015, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ing-Sheet.xlsx

I've updated the decade field columns in the Car Hit and Car Pitch sheets so that they are now correct.

I also corrected the start year for Charlie Morton from 1882 to 2008. There was a Charlie Morton (hitter) that played from 1882-1885 and pitched 23 innings in 1884.
            ElD, you missed this. I corrected the issue about 2 weeks ago.
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• crap, lost track of how many Ps I needed and messed up my last pick. hopefully it's not a huge deal.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Just realised ... spent all morning messing with the spreadsheet, and didn't even peep my next pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  just realised ... Spent all morning messing with the spreadsheet, and didn't even peep my next pick.
                  danger zone!
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                    danger zone!
                    I know I'm tired ... but how can't I even typo peep from pick? :shrug:

Comment

• RJEL girl just questioned me on what song Phoebe Cates came out of the pool to in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Moving in Stereo was on the radio and she said she had never heard it before. I mentioned that it was in that scene and she said she didn't think that was it. As if any guy vaguely around our age could not know that one. I said, that's like me thinking she wouldn't know some obscure fact about Jake Ryan.

Comment

• Jake who?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Jake who?
                          the dreamy love interest in 16 Candles

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            the dreamy love interest in 16 Candles
                            Johnny is obviously too young to party serious
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by the feral slasher View Post

johnny is obviously too young to party serious
                              damn kids!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Johnny is obviously too young to party serious
                                You win RJEL girl's Internet

Comment

Working...
                                X