No announcement yet.

*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really had no intention of drafting Nolan Ryan, but he kept dropping and dropping, in part I think because he was KO'd in vd2. Finally I just looked at it and figured out what advantage I could have by having both him and Unit and rolled with it. It makes Quiz's lack of Ks unimportant.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Johnny needs to step in and put the jink on Revo (and Hacko too) before they destroy us again.
      Really? I guess I'm like Forrest Gump -- I really have no idea what I'm doing here.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Welp, I tried to shit talk Johnny about his 8 hour pick time but his inbox is full. Looks like I'm reduced to passive aggressive comments in this thread, alas.
        Sorry guys. Fell sleep really early and zonked out. Expected to be around, so didn't forward.

Comment

• huh. whoops. I expected the SS to complain if I picked someone already taken, but it didn't.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Harry Run !!!!! Or should I say, "Harry is quickly becoming a wasteland"
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• agh, I rushed the Stovey pick when ElD told me I had taken someone already taken, and looking back I really regret it. There was someone I'd much rather have had.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                agh, I rushed the Stovey pick when ElD told me I had taken someone already taken, and looking back I really regret it. There was someone I'd much rather have had.
                mumbles incoherently as he's crossing Stovey off his list

PM me who you want and I'll trade you for Stovey...maybe.

Comment

• Just as an alert, I'm going to pretty much picking Irishly all week. I'm driving down to DC tomorrow morning and I'm 50/50 on whether or not I drive back the same day - I have a meeting back at my warehouse in NJ on Wednesday at 2pm. I'm in prep for those all day today and then a major presentation to work on Thursday/Friday.

No rest for the wicked...

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                    Just as an alert, I'm going to pretty much picking Irishly all week. I'm driving down to DC tomorrow morning and I'm 50/50 on whether or not I drive back the same day - I have a meeting back at my warehouse in NJ on Wednesday at 2pm. I'm in prep for those all day today and then a major presentation to work on Thursday/Friday.

No rest for the wicked...
                    priority
                    prʌɪˈɒrɪti

noun

- the fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important than others.

"the safety of the country takes priority over any other matter"

synonyms: prime concern, first concern, most important consideration, most pressing matter, matter of greatest importance, primary issue

- a thing that is regarded as more important than others.

plural noun: priorities

"housework didn't figure high on her list of priorities"

Comment

• Denny McLain needs a year, and a minor spelling correction (for those who search the forum to see if a player has been chosen)
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        Denny McLain needs a year, and a minor spelling correction (for those who search the forum to see if a player has been chosen)
                        If you hadn't stolen Brouthers from me I might have been thinking clearly enough to post correctly. Could not believe he almost made it back to me.
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          If you hadn't stolen Brouthers from me I might have been thinking clearly enough to post correctly. Could not believe he almost made it back to me.
                          He's not heavy, he's my Brouthers.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I forwarded a pick to Heyelander

Comment

• Johnny is up - I been up for 24 hrs no time to look at sheet so I just got rid of my 1870 and SS in 1 fell swoop!!!!!

Comment

• I should have taken Herman Long. Stovey's BY is a little better but given the decades I had remaining, there were very few good MI candidates left.

Comment

Working...
                                X