Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    the pick numbers

arp 14.04
    mjl 14.05
    hacko 13.10
    ja24 13.11

another goddamn fabulous joke ruined by forcing me to explain it
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I got it before it was spoiled!

in semi-related news - do we like doing the actual player picking on the RJ forum vs me setting up a site that manages it? I was considering that as a keeping-busy project while I'm on paternity leave, and although I remember from the last one that I didn't actually have all that much free time or inclination to do useful things, it was an idea. The dumb version would just let people select a player and year and maintain the history thread, but I could also pull in bbref web pages to confirm that you're getting the right year and handle scoring calculations.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
        another goddamn fabulous joke ruined by forcing me to explain it
        It's like your uncle hanging cats to scare away birds (or something)
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Any word on Chance? Just concerned about what family thing was going on.

Comment

• Oh, crap. please grant me forgiveness, the Lord of VD never sent me a burning bush.

Comment

I was the same way until I saw Johnny edited my post - In my defense:
              I made the pick rolling out of Bed
              I am pretty blind
              I am Stupid.

I have been stumbling around this whole draft and am just getting ready to fall off the cliff. Letters I have a handle on (sort of) Decades I am as Clueless as A Onejay at a Liberal Convention!!!!

As Always " Eld go Fuck yourself"

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Oh, crap. please grant me forgiveness, the Lord of VD never sent me a burning bush.
                Your numbering is for shite.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                  Your numbering is for shite.
                  Right? I'm so fuckin' funny.
                  Last edited by heyelander; 11-13-2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Was anyone looking at Joe Mauer? ... he's only slightly behind Martinez in value.

Comment

• Johnny needs to step in and put the jink on Revo (and Hacko too) before they destroy us again.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Was anyone looking at Joe Mauer? ... he's only slightly behind Martinez in value.
                        I almost picked him.

Comment

Was anyone looking at Joe Mauer? ... he's only slightly behind Martinez in value.
                          If I wasn't so ADD and had a thought that could stay in my head for more than 12 seconds, I might have remembered that the 2010s were its own decade and thought to look at such players.

Honestly, this is the worst time of the year for me to be doing one of these. It's my busiest time for work with 2016 planning meetings.
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                            If I wasn't so ADD and had a thought that could stay in my head for more than 12 seconds, I might have remembered that the 2010s were its own decade and thought to look at such players.

Honestly, this is the worst time of the year for me to be doing one of these. It's my busiest time for work with 2016 planning meetings.
                            The last 2 drafts I've sat down and seriously focused on what I'm doing 1 round too late. I probably needed to skip pick Mauer.

... mistakes were made.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              I almost picked him.
                              That's something at least.

Really like that band you linked me to. Good stuff.

Comment

• I wish I had drafted biggio. I was concerned what all the ABs would do to my BA.

Comment

Working...
                                X