No announcement yet.

*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a temp sheet that I'm using to track VD 10. Feel free to use among yourselves. It's a VD9 sheet conversion. The POS tab has not been updated yet, but I'll be tackling that shortly.

Decades sheet is wrong too. Fixing those formulas as well.
    Last edited by Long John; 10-31-2015, 01:27 PM.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Here's the V10 test sheet.

If someone could look at the verification formula on the Rounds page. I can't seem to make it work, and changes aren't having expected outcomes. So maybe there is something else going on that I'm not getting.

This is not the finished sheet. It still needs the career numbers updated (then any contemporary players will need to manually updated as they are selected). Maybe we get that tonight. Won't take long to finalize once I get the data.

.VD 10 (TEST) DOCUMENT

Done

- All the modification for Decades made
      - BY data updated and sorted for years up to 2014. All eligible 2010's years are included for batting and pitching.
      - Snapshot page updated (don't think we need a matrix thingy ... that was only useful for Decades and Letters)

To Do

- Updated Career data
      - Fix verification formula on Rounds page

Comment

• Cripes, now we have to do your job for you?
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• It's depressing going right before Johnny and after seeing he's made a pick, thinking well, let me go see who I should have taken
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            It's depressing going right before Johnny and after seeing he's made a pick, thinking well, let me go see who I should have taken
            I almost picked Dimaggio last time, then you picked him right away. Was looking at him and Greenberg ... hoped one might make it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Here's the V10 test sheet.

- Fix verification formula on Rounds page
              The reference to the Standings sheet is wrong. It should reference column AC. This is the formula I have from the VD2 sheet.

=COUNTA(C2:AC2)-stand!AC2+IF(MAX(dec!C3:P3)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C21: P21)>1,7,0)

Comment

• Since I've already done the work, here's each formula:

=COUNTA(C2:AC2)-stand!AC2+IF(MAX(dec!C3:Q3)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C21: Q21)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C5:AC5)-stand!AC3+IF(MAX(dec!C4:Q4)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C22: Q22)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C8:AC8)-stand!AC4+IF(MAX(dec!C5:Q5)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C23: Q23)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C11:AC11)-stand!AC5+IF(MAX(dec!C6:Q6)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C24: Q24)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C14:AC14)-stand!AC6+IF(MAX(dec!C7:Q7)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C25: Q25)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C17:AC17)-stand!AC7+IF(MAX(dec!C8:Q8)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C26: Q26)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C20:AC20)-stand!AC8+IF(MAX(dec!C9:Q9)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C27: Q27)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C23:AC23)-stand!AC9+IF(MAX(dec!C10:Q10)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C2 8:Q28)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C26:AC26)-stand!AC10+IF(MAX(dec!C11:Q11)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C 29:Q29)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C29:AC29)-stand!AC11+IF(MAX(dec!C12:Q12)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C 30:Q30)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C32:AC32)-stand!AC12+IF(MAX(dec!C13:Q13)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C 31:Q31)>1,7,0)
                =COUNTA(C35:AC35)-stand!AC13+IF(MAX(dec!C14:Q14)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C 32:Q32)>1,7,0)

Comment

• Great thx ... somehow, no matter how many times I looked at that, I didn't register that it was calling the Standings sheet

Comment

• I was a huge Vlad Guerrero fan when he was playing. His BY and Career numbers don't normally justify me being able to take him any VD so far.

Comment

Great thx ... somehow, no matter how many times I looked at that, I didn't register that it was calling the Standings sheet
                      Uuugggh. Cant seem to download and open in excel. Any idea why ? anyone ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Uuugggh. Cant seem to download and open in excel. Any idea why ? anyone ?
                        This is the direct link Dropbox is giving me

Are you trying to open it from my PC rather than downloading it to your PC?

Comment

This is the direct link Dropbox is giving me

https://www.dropbox.com/s/12bnb20kvl...T%29.xlsx?dl=0
                          just figured it out. Needed to download instead of "save as"
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            just figured it out. Needed to download instead of "save as"
                            It's not the finished article ... still needs the career stats updated from VD9.

LJ fixed the Rounds formula.

Now, hoping that mjl can use some wizardry to update the Career stats without losing the Position and Decade sections.

Comment

Now, hoping that mjl can use some wizardry to update the Career stats without losing the Position and Decade sections.
                              I think I've figured something out ...

Comment

• Note to self - don't sort a 22K row sheet with about 30K cell calls to other sheets.

Comment

Working...
                                X