No announcement yet.

*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh. Give me an example of a player where they were wrong? I was regenerating the decade lines in the SQL query.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Finally picked. Sorry it took so long, I was interviewing many different players to see if they would be a good fit on my squad. Finally negotiated a deal with K-Rod. All is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
        Huh. Give me an example of a player where they were wrong? I was regenerating the decade lines in the SQL query.
        Looking at the hit_car sheet - unless I screwed them up by sorting, it looks like they're all off. For example, Ruth has only 1890 and 1990, Cobb has only 1910.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• There must have been some problem with moving them from the CSV to the spreadsheet. In the source data I generated (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...2RuSWZLMWxkMU0, file CH.csv) Ruth and Cobb are both correct.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• got in super late last night... finally pulling my morning shit together. Pick up momentarily unless someone snaked me in the last few picks.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Finally picked. Sorry it took so long, I was interviewing many different players to see if they would be a good fit on my squad. Finally negotiated a deal with K-Rod. All is good.
              and revo did... back to the drawing board. Pick up a bit irishly.

Comment

• Call Kenny Loggins 'cause I just got Rollie Fingers.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  There must have been some problem with moving them from the CSV to the spreadsheet. In the source data I generated (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...2RuSWZLMWxkMU0, file CH.csv) Ruth and Cobb are both correct.
                  just checked the SS. I wonder how that got messed up. It is accurate that my source data is correct and the spreadsheet is wrong.

Comment

• Wow 10 viewers - we r rock stars!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      Wow 10 viewers - we r rock stars!!!
                      The Rollie Fingers Effect

Comment

• The closers are dropping like flies ... holy crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          V-Mart should have gone like five rounds ago. Fantastic pick.
                          I got very lucky with both Banks & VMart. My rd 7/8 picks (Ford & Crawford) were meh value picks. I would have been much better off taking Banks & VMart there.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Well, and then you took my guy right after that. Thanks, dick.
                            Well that pick was just obvious.

Comment

• I had Ward typed in last pick, then balked when I realized that only a few people still needed 1870-80's pitchers.

PM'd my next pick to Heyelander.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Here's the guy you should take, but he's not going to be there for you.
                                What a dick.

Comment

Working...
                                X