No announcement yet.

*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valverde taken in the 8th by ... wait for it ... Heyelander! Heyelander is not only the greatest mispicker in VD History, seems he has also developed Mispick Spellcasting skills.

If we strictly follow the rules, Revo will be up again at 5.30am EST, and TSG can repick any time.

#blameheyelander
    Last edited by johnnya24; 08-28-2015, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• OK ... that INF slot has been bothering me ...

Q: if this is a standard draft, and we don't usually have the INF slot, why and how is the INF slot in play?

A: It shouldn't be in play, because we can't count. This should be a 24 man draft, not a 25 man draft. I have taken the time to formulate this complicated equation to assist us:

(Alphabet = 26 letters)-(x)-(2xQUIZY)+(WC)=24

So ... we have 3 basic solutions:

1. Simply delete the INF slot.
      2. Add another WC.
      3. Delete a P slot

My opinion: I think adding another WC or deleting a P slot at this stage will be far too disruptive. Also, it seems that many people didn't even realize that the INF slot is in play. Also, no-one has gotten close to filling out this slot by necessity (apart from me), so it won't matter.

So unless anyone has any objections, I'm going to delete the INF slot.

#blameheyelander

Comment

• I realize there WAS an Inf spot but didn't really account for it in any master plan I had so I don't object. I however object to blaming it on Heye. Since Frae has been Silent for all this draft - I believe it was his Fault.

Comment

• I noticed there was an Amish documentary on Netflix last night ... I will watch in honour of the 26 K post.

In the meantime

Comment

• 26,000 -Christ - I will be dead before I hit 26,000. Looks like I am not the only one who needs to get a life.

Comment

• Sorry Del, I am just too busy beating you and heye in Pony to pay attention to this

Comment

• Edited the Valverde pick -- Nichols instead. Sorry about that.

Comment

• So half the draft are now going ... "Nichols ... Wait what?"

Comment

• I've overtook the devil in Idle Hands at this point for 4th, so after years of futility I could potentially manage to finish in the money in 2 RJ leagues in the same year.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Won't last. Even though I've had the worst luck in the world in that damn league, my team is still way better than yours.
                      As is mine in PONY!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        OK ... that INF slot has been bothering me ...

Q: if this is a standard draft, and we don't usually have the INF slot, why and how is the INF slot in play?

A: It shouldn't be in play, because we can't count. This should be a 24 man draft, not a 25 man draft. I have taken the time to formulate this complicated equation to assist us:

(Alphabet = 26 letters)-(x)-(2xQUIZY)+(WC)=24

So ... we have 3 basic solutions:

1. Simply delete the INF slot.
                        2. Add another WC.
                        3. Delete a P slot

My opinion: I think adding another WC or deleting a P slot at this stage will be far too disruptive. Also, it seems that many people didn't even realize that the INF slot is in play. Also, no-one has gotten close to filling out this slot by necessity (apart from me), so it won't matter.

So unless anyone has any objections, I'm going to delete the INF slot.

#blameheyelander
                        Bump ... I should prolly PM everyone about this

Comment

• I'm fine with this.
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                            I'm fine with this.
                            Wait. I thought there were 2 WC slots? Hence the 25? - 15 Hitters, 10 Pitchers, no? Why don't we just make the slot a 2nd Util?

Comment

Wait. I thought there were 2 WC slots? Hence the 25? - 15 Hitters, 10 Pitchers, no? Why don't we just make the slot a 2nd Util?
                              From the first page of the Draft Thread with the Rules:

15 Hitters / 10 Pitchers (3 QUIZY's and 2 WC's)

Comment

OK so my mind is now offically stew in this game. I was convinced there was only 1 WC slot in play. You'd almost think I was the one who set the rules.

So ... no change. 2 WC's are in play as per the rules from day 1.

... and I'm an idiot.

... who has to go and revert the whole SS again.

... and I guess I'll PM everyone that, if they thought there was a change, there wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X