Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
    As is mine in PONY!!!!
    My pony team is a juggernaut at this point. No way you are catching me. I just hope I can run down eric. Frae and jc might be out of reach though.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Can anyone do me a solid and post the code thingy for the picks in rounds 10 and 11? I am struggling with time and will be back from picking up a melting down child in just a few.
      Was waiting for Jenkins BY before updating that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        But it doesn't have enough rows for each team, right?
        Correct. You have to unhide rows 13-17.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]655[/ATTACH]
          no more quizy, no more quizy!!!!!

Comment

• Anyone definitely going to be around tonight? I am leaving around 7 and won't be back until late if anyone wants to take one pick from me I'll send it.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              Anyone definitely going to be around tonight? I am leaving around 7 and won't be back until late if anyone wants to take one pick from me I'll send it.
              I'll be around
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I'm at a wedding, but considering I'm the designated driver, I might be able to pick. If not, I'll pick in the morning.

Comment

• Hey Johnny, apparently I use to buy beer for the king of the Isle of Mann.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I was researching some players I didn't know much about and ran across this. I thought Lou Gehrig was a good guy but seeing this voting I think he must have f'ed a lot of sportswriters' wives.

Winners and Vote Totals for the MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year, and Manager of the Year Awards
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      I was researching some players I didn't know much about and ran across this. I thought Lou Gehrig was a good guy but seeing this voting I think he must have f'ed a lot of sportswriters' wives.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/aw...34.shtml#ALmvp
                      They seem to value fielding a lot higher than today. If you look at the rosters from that era, there are always 1 or 2 regulars who have really poor numbers, but are in purely for their fielding ... hence Cochrane and Gehringer at the top.

Also, in the early days, you could only be awarded the MVP once in your career. Maybe some journalists were unhappy with the rule change and deliberately didn't vote for previous winners. Then again, Foxx won multiple AL MVP's before this.

Anti-Yankee bias?

Lefty Gomez split the pro-Yankee vote?

The little known Detroit ballot box stuffing conspiracy?
                      Last edited by johnnya24; 08-30-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Hey Johnny, apparently I use to buy beer for the king of the Isle of Mann.
                        That's way too cryptic for me :shrug:

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          They seem to value fielding a lot higher than today. If you look at the rosters from that era, there are always 1 or 2 regulars who have really poor numbers, but are in purely for their fielding ... hence Cochrane and Gehringer at the top.

Also, in the early days, you could only be awarded the MVP once in your career. Maybe some journalists were unhappy with the rule change and deliberately didn't vote for previous winners. Then again, Foxx won multiple AL MVP's before this.

Anti-Yankee bias?

Lefty Gomez split the pro-Yankee vote?

The little know Detroit ballot box stuffing conspiracy?
                          Well Detroit did win the League that year.
                          They did seem to have a Cochrane fetish tho .

Comment

• I'm ready to pick, but Dropbox is F'ing up my morning by not allowing me into my files. I've tried on my chromebook through the web, and my phone and iPad through the app and nothing.

EDIT:
                            According to downdetector.com, it seems I'm not the only one who's having issues with Dropbox.

If it's not back soon, I'm going to be on the road until around 3pm and would hate to hold this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I'm ready to pick, but Dropbox is F'ing up my morning by not allowing me into my files. I've tried on my chromebook through the web, and my phone and iPad through the app and nothing.
                              I'm updating the History Thread now if that helps

Edit: done
                              Last edited by johnnya24; 08-30-2015, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I'm updating the History Thread now if that helps

Edit: done
                                OK, I'm back in. Pick up soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X