*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    seriously johnny, make up your fucking mind.
    Herp derp

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I sent a PM to Pogues letting him know he's up.

I think I might have gone with Big Train as the #1 pick but hard to go wrong with The Sultan.
      I just received the message. My first thought was. . .how is this possible. I don't remember saying I was in this draft. A head scratcher.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I sent a PM to Pogues letting him know he's up.

I think I might have gone with Big Train as the #1 pick but hard to go wrong with The Sultan.
        Came very close to taking Johnson. Kind of a coin flip for me. I've never had either of them so it'll be fun to see how I do with Babe. Would've taken Cy with 5 QUIZY's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          I just received the message. My first thought was. . .how is this possible. I don't remember saying I was in this draft. A head scratcher.
          You said you were a possible, depending on the type of draft it was. But you never explicitly said you were out.

Comment

I emailed Heyelander who, now that he's a west coast guy, has no goddamn excuse.
            Ok with me, I lost all my earlier spreadsheets and haven't downloaded the new one (if it even is ready ???). So I might take a while. Or I can just look at VD3 and draft accordingly, those were the same rules more or less, right ?
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Ok with me, I lost all my earlier spreadsheets and haven't downloaded the new one (if it even is ready ???). So I might take a while. Or I can just look at VD3 and draft accordingly, those were the same rules more or less, right ?
              That's what I did when I was informed I was up without knowing this thing even started!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                That's what I did when I was informed I was up without knowing this thing even started!
                So far I think we are following VD3 exactly. I really hope I can rescue my old valuation sheet, otherwise I'm going to be stuck borrowing Heyelander's.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You need a valuation sheet for the 6th pick? I could probably make my top 6 picks off of memory, lol.
                  I can hardly remember what I had for lunch. Yeah, I'm sure I'll throw something out there, but I do like to see the numbers...At the HOF last week I was getting stoked seeing all the pictures and plaques for all the old timers.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    You said you were a possible, depending on the type of draft it was. But you never explicitly said you were out.
                    Make sense, but of course I never explicitly said I was in, also. Since my last comment was before a draft order was set, perhaps a confirmation would have saved a lot of trouble?
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Make sense, but of course I never explicitly said I was in, also. Since my last comment was before a draft order was set, perhaps a confirmation would have saved a lot of trouble?
                      I still don't know if you are in or not ? What do you say ?
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        So far I think we are following VD3 exactly. I really hope I can rescue my old valuation sheet, otherwise I'm going to be stuck borrowing Heyelander's.
                        I'll scan the Wendy's napkin I jotted my notes on back then and email it to you.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Hey Johnny. I found the scoring sheet for VD2 that I had saved locally. If you need a sheet to work with, feel free. VD2 had 15 teams and I forget the formula adjustments that need to be made to make them work properly. I just removed the draft selections and saved it as vd9.

ETA: I found VD8 too.
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            I'll scan the Wendy's napkin I jotted my notes on back then and email it to you.
                            Damn dude, your handwriting is terrible. I think I spotted an error in a few of your calculations too.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm out at the pool text me when I am up 330-813-8493.

Comment

• I was flipping between Yaz and Foxx ... I had Yaz typed in, then changed my mind. I normally have some plan in mind when I pick Yaz, so I chickened out.

I can't remember having any success picking Foxx first ... maybe (hopefully) that's because he's always gone when I'm up to picking him.

Comment

Working...
                                X