X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you see a download link from this?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I assume we're using stats through the 2014 season?
      Yeah ... but we'll update on the fly if anyone selects a current player or a BY not on the SS.

I'll add all the key BY's from 2013/14 to the SS, and update as many of the current players as possible. Since we're doing letters not decades, it will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Yep, I downloaded it and it looks fine.
        Cool ... problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I think once we get a fresh spreadsheet to operate with, we should start.

Johnny, do you need any help getting that thing up and running? Are you still just plugging in some of the new years, updating careers, etc.?

I just don't want to lose any momentum or enthusiasm here and am eager to get this baby started.
          I'll be good once we get started.

We can start now. I'll update the VD Draft Thread with the rules etc, and Garp can pick when he wants:

EDIT: Let's go with the same basic rules and format as VD3 for convenience sake (changes in italics).

Rule Snapshot:

Letters (Last Name)
          Muliplicative Scoring (Multi+1) ... that's what we used in the last draft (so the minimum score in a category is 2 not 1).
          No KO's
          16 Hitters / 11 Pitchers (all 5 QUIZY's and 2 WC's)
          BA not OBP
          Team IP minimum set at 18000
          The Deadball / Contemporary hitter limitations are in play. Only Deadball Pitcher Rule in play (Contemporary Pitcher Category removed)
          Last edited by johnnya24; 08-13-2015, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Here's the link to the VD3 History Thread is someone wants a recent guide for this draft format. Note that it was a 9 person draft. 4 extra people change up these values quite a bit.

ALSO ... WTF is Feral? Hiding away while all the annoy shit is being sorted!

I don't think we'll have any late comers, so I'll go ahead and start rejigging the SS for the 13 people. I'll just re-do it if someone wants to join before the end of Round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Here's the link to the VD3 History Thread is someone wants a recent guide for this draft format. Note that it was a 9 person draft. 4 extra people change up these values quite a bit.

ALSO ... WTF is Feral? Hiding away while all the annoy shit is being sorted!

I don't think we'll have any late comers, so I'll go ahead and start rejigging the SS for the 13 people. I'll just re-do it if someone wants to join before the end of Round 1.
              Just got back from vacation. If we started this last week i could have posted my pick from the Baseball HOF.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Just got back from vacation. If we started this last week i could have posted my pick from the Baseball HOF.
                Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Would you have felt dirty selecting Jamie Quirk while standing among all that greatness?
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Would you have felt dirty selecting Jamie Quirk while standing among all that greatness?
                    While I like my brother in law, and my nephew is alright too, I'm not sure I'm ready to label them "great".

You are correct though, drafting a Quizy while in Cooperstown would be pretty unsatisfying.
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• AMENDMENT

Garp picked up on that fact that it's 5 QUIZY's. I didn't want that for the first draft back. So I've changed it to 15/10 and removed a UTIL and P slot.

So 3 QUIZY's and 2 WC's.

Comment

• Not that I'm unprepared, but what are WC's?
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          Not that I'm unprepared, but what are WC's?
                          Ah sorry .... Wild Cards. Essentially, 2 picks that can be any letter.

Comment

• The rules say 16 hitters and 11 pitchers, then rule 1C says 15 Hitters and 10 pitchers. Which is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              The rules say 16 hitters and 11 pitchers, then rule 1C says 15 Hitters and 10 pitchers. Which is it?
                              15/10

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                15/10
                                seriously johnny, make up your fucking mind.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X