Where are you in the final week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I have been there in my points league more times than I can count. I have led my league in points 6 of the last 10 years, and have 2 titles to show for it (before this year, only one title). Both times, I loaded up so much that I was so much better than the other teams, even dealing with 2-3 injuries and 3-4 horrible showings couldn't bring me down. I seem to never get lucky with the inferior team.

My reign is likely over though...really depleted my keepers and farm for this run this year after years of frustration of coming up just short because of fluke playoff loses. But it feels good to have the title again. It was worth it, or at least it feels worth it right now . Come spring, I'll start lamenting how I ended up winning round one by 120, and the two week finals by almost 200, and start thinking of the extra keepers I traded that I didn't really need to (like Jorge Soler for Ryan Braun...totally worthless move for me). Damn, I am already starting to have some regrets!
    That's why you need to drop the H2H stuff and go with traditional Roto! MLB is too fluky (and too long) to have a season decided by performance in a week when star players are rested and starters may have one start vs two etc. But to each his own!

Comment

I'm sitting in first in a deep NL keeper league. Happy about that, as I remain an NL fan and it's a competitive league.

Also playing AL for first time in 15 years. Likely to finish third. My chance at second hinges on SB from Terrance Gore, a part time player, and other teams overtaking the guy in 2nd. So basically out of my hands and a longshot.

Having fun going back and evaluating trades made earlier this year. Not ready for the offseason!

Thanks to all for input during the season and good luck with your own final weeks!

Comment

I will finish 9th, and have the 1st team in my league since 1993 to not hit 100 HRs....
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I won't win any of my four leagues this year, but I do have two good races for money spots.

18 Team Mixed RJEL - I am 2nd as of this morning by half a point. 141 to 140.5, 4th is 133.5 and 5th is 131.5 so I think it is a 2 person race now for 2nd. It will almost certainly go down to the last day.

15 team mixed PONY - Del (Hacko) and I are in a back and forth race for the last money spot, 4th place. He has 96.5 and I have 95.

12 Team AL MSGL - Went for it and failed miserably. 5th place and nowhere near 4th. The only bright side is after 2 years I will be ahead in the 3 year and I have a $5 Trout coming back still.

12 Team NL 12TO - I did a semi rebuild as I didn't need a lot of keepers and will finish around 7th.

If I pull off 2nd and 4th it won't be a wasted year.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
            I won't win any of my four leagues this year, but I do have two good races for money spots.

18 Team Mixed RJEL - I am 2nd as of this morning by half a point. 141 to 140.5, 4th is 133.5 and 5th is 131.5 so I think it is a 2 person race now for 2nd. It will almost certainly go down to the last day.

15 team mixed PONY - Del (Hacko) and I are in a back and forth race for the last money spot, 4th place. He has 96.5 and I have 95.

12 Team AL MSGL - Went for it and failed miserably. 5th place and nowhere near 4th. The only bright side is after 2 years I will be ahead in the 3 year and I have a $5 Trout coming back still.

12 Team NL 12TO - I did a semi rebuild as I didn't need a lot of keepers and will finish around 7th.

If I pull off 2nd and 4th it won't be a wasted year.
            How do you have trout for $5 and keepable?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              How do you have trout for $5 and keepable?
              Well it will be his option year, but he is $5 going into it. He was a farm guy so his first year up he was $5 yr zero. This is the end of $5 yr 2. I'll probably extend him to $20 through 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                I've been in first since May but I'm likely going to lose it in the final days. Up by one point, was 20+ at one point. This is what happens when you draft Davis, Tulo, Choo, Beltran and a bunch of other suck players.
                I have a 2 pt lead going into the last 3 days but its likely I lose a point in RBI and K's and the team behind me will pick up .5 in wins and possibly .5-1 in saves. Realistically I need to beat the other team in AVG or HR this weekend. I'm behind in AVG by .0003 and HR by 1. Only problem is I have the worst AVG in the league since the break so I'm in need of a minor miracle.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  10-team AL: 3rd (83.5, 81, 78)
                  12-team AFA: T4th

14-team H2H: 5th after playoffs (3rd after season)
                  Update
                  10-team AL: 2rd (81.5, 80, 78) I got 3W today to vault me into 2nd - I came 5 SV short of winning the pool. And I was trying to get Street at our deadline.
                  12-team AFA: 3rd (picked up Pineda and MGon who got wins to break a tie for 3rd)
                  14-team H2H: 5th after playoffs (3rd after season)
                  Last edited by virgonomic; 09-28-2014, 11:06 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

mjl caught me in saves as I left Mejia on the bench to chase wins & K's. Didn't get the wins to catch him as I had 6 no-decisions this week & he tied me in saves so we traded that point. 4th place it is

Comment

My double-digit lead shrunk to two as recently as Friday, but I managed to hold on for #6. I'm thinking Nashville for our next auction. I'll be looking for tip from the pen.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        mjl caught me in saves as I left Mejia on the bench to chase wins & K's. Didn't get the wins to catch him as I had 6 no-decisions this week & he tied me in saves so we traded that point. 4th place it is
                        yeah I have no excuse for squeaking this one out with a starting outfield of Goebbert, CGomez, Grichuk, Ludwick, and Szczur. I got real lucky in a lot of categories to hang on just enough, and Rondon and Cishek had five saves this week and Kenley Jansen only one for you. On the other hand, you got the SB you needed to hold onto fourth. On the other other hand, bad timing to bench Jordan Zimmerman for the week...

The final standings for 3rd-7th in that league ended up 58.5 (me), 57.5 (Jason), 57, 55.5, 54.

In my other close league, I was tied for first as of yesterday, but failed to notice that I had Yordano Ventura starting today and he had Price, Felix, and Gray. So that ended up not being so close after all. I think I held onto second, barely, but Onroto's page for our league hasn't loaded for the last couple hours so I'm not sure.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

12 team, AL Only, I somehow managed to sneak into winning the league. 3rd league victory in 5 years, my 9th year in the league, and definitely the least comfortable win I've ever had. Stuck around from 2nd to 4th all year, and only spent maybe 3 days total in first place, so I'm sure the 2nd place owner feels robbed.

Traded away all of my most beloved prospects (N. Williams, A. Sanchez, T. Anderson) and good keepers (Duffy $2 got me very little return...) But I'm so happy I don't need to dwell on lost keepers and lost opportunities, as a 1st place finish clears the slate.

Bonus that I got to hang onto Marcus Stroman. Super stoked for 2015.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                            I have a 2 pt lead going into the last 3 days but its likely I lose a point in RBI and K's and the team behind me will pick up .5 in wins and possibly .5-1 in saves. Realistically I need to beat the other team in AVG or HR this weekend. I'm behind in AVG by .0003 and HR by 1. Only problem is I have the worst AVG in the league since the break so I'm in need of a minor miracle.
                            Somehow I won by three. I did get passed in RBI's, didnt in K's, tied the 2nd place team in HR. The big difference is that the 2nd place team kept picking up and starting every mediocre pitcher he could find and it finally backfired and inflated his ERA causing him to lose 2 points. Another couple weeks and I'd have definitely lost, was trending badly in the wrong direction.

I'm more relieved than ecstatic about winning...
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Finished 2nd in all three leagues I play in. Not sure if I should be happy or depressed :/

Comment

Lost in the title game of my H2H league by 1 run scored. Wound up losing 5-3-2 with our run scored category was even at 27 each. The tie breaker would have been ERA which I went ahead on after Jordan Zimmerman's no-no. Now I could have also won with a save from Kenley Jansen which would have tied the saves category, but I was not counting on that with the Dodgers saving him for the playoffs. I had Adrian Gonzalez come up big to tie up the category on Sunday, but AJ Pollock took an 0-3 collar.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X