No announcement yet.

Where are you in the final week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only in one league these days. Dumped after 2 months. 9th of 10.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

It has been a really bad year.

8 out of 13 in Mixed 6x6 league.

12 out of 13 in Mixed 6x6 league. Injuries killed me along with bad draft picks.

7 out of 10 in Mixed 6x6 league. Lost Jose Fernandez then my pitching fell apart. Jose Abreu and Mike Trout are my only good players.

In final game of 5x5 H2H Mixed league. Finished the regular season in 2nd. Lost CarGo (traded for before deadline) and Goldschmidt for the year and still held on to make the championship. I think this is the first time I have ever made to the championship game also in over 13 years in the league.

RJ Real Mock #1 - 11 out of 20. Surprised as I was in 17th most the year.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

11-team NL-Only - been in the lead for a while now although my team has been limping to the finish line. A nice day yesterday got me up to an 8.5 point lead so hopefully that's enough to carry me through this last week.

10-team AL-Only - stuck in 7th pretty much all year. Bad keepers plus horrible pitching draftees (Verlander, Buchholz, and Erasmo were my big buys). Not looking great for next year either, especially since my big dumping prize (Buxton) has his timeline delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
          Actually, here might be a place to ask this question.
          If you are in a redraft league and one of your 'undroppbale' players, for example Kershaw, plays his last game on a Thursday and Sunday is final day of regular season (stats wise), and he won't pitch again....
          Are you allowed drop Kershaw?
          This is in Yahoo League....
          Undroppable means just that.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post

12-team NL- 2nd (top 3 are locked)
            unfortunately I thought I was that lock for 3rd, now it looks like I'm finishing 4th
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Disappointing end to the season. Had a chance at some good money in all 3 money leagues, but:

- NL-only: really went into the tank, with S Castro and P Alvarez not playing for the last month+, Lincecum forgetting how to pitch and then getting bounced from the rotation, and EJax sucking all year but at least helping me in Ks and an occasional win but then he got hurt. No chance at money now.
              - Mixed: was making a move up the standings but stalled now. Iwakuma's recent struggles are killing me. Top five places pay and was in 4th as recently as the last 10 days or so. Still have a chance at the last money place but currently 10 points behind so it doesnt look good.
              - AL-only: have been in 2nd for most of the 2nd half, and was there as recently as 2 days ago but I have Iwakuma in this league, too. Also, A Colome's bad inning hurt. Currently in the last money place but still have hopes of getting back into 2nd.

Comment

Thought I was in good shape in my 12-team, 4x4 AL-only going into last night. Held a 4-point lead over 2nd place and a seemingly-safe 3.19 to 3.26 ERA lead over that same team. Lost a point from a 3-way wins tie last night when the other two teams got wins and I didn't, but the real killer was that James Paxton decided to shit the bed last night, allowing 8 ER in 2 2/3 IP. So now my once-safe ERA lead is a razor-thin 3.25 to 3.26 over the 2nd place team, the lead is down to 3, and the 2nd place team only trails its closest competitor in WHIP by 1.1795 to 1.1791. So there's the slender reed upon which my 3-point lead now rests.

Comment

and just like that, I'm in 4th place. This is going to be one interesting week.

Comment

Dreadful year for me...total rebuild in both my NL and AL only teams, as well as my 18 team mixed. Had a great team in my points league, but as usual, it sucked one week in the playoffs and I was out...scored like a mother the following weeks though.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

12-team mixed, been in first since June and up 8.5.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

My final match up is going awfully.
                        Paxton and Salazar and Andrew Miller have ensured my ERA and WHIP are nearly irretrievable..

Comment

My lead is down to 28.5 points with 5 days left...uh oh
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I've been in first since May but I'm likely going to lose it in the final days. Up by one point, was 20+ at one point. This is what happens when you draft Davis, Tulo, Choo, Beltran and a bunch of other suck players.

In my keeper I've weathered lots of injuries and should win by 10ish after being up by around 30 at one point.
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              My lead is down to 28.5 points with 5 days left...uh oh
                              you are lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Dreadful year for me...total rebuild in both my NL and AL only teams, as well as my 18 team mixed. Had a great team in my points league, but as usual, it sucked one week in the playoffs and I was out...scored like a mother the following weeks though.
                                I have been there in my points league more times than I can count. I have led my league in points 6 of the last 10 years, and have 2 titles to show for it (before this year, only one title). Both times, I loaded up so much that I was so much better than the other teams, even dealing with 2-3 injuries and 3-4 horrible showings couldn't bring me down. I seem to never get lucky with the inferior team.

My reign is likely over though...really depleted my keepers and farm for this run this year after years of frustration of coming up just short because of fluke playoff loses. But it feels good to have the title again. It was worth it, or at least it feels worth it right now . Come spring, I'll start lamenting how I ended up winning round one by 120, and the two week finals by almost 200, and start thinking of the extra keepers I traded that I didn't really need to (like Jorge Soler for Ryan Braun...totally worthless move for me). Damn, I am already starting to have some regrets!

Comment

Working...
                                X