Where have you gone Mike Trout??? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Not so much complaining but in utter confusion why madducks didn't make the deal. Frankly it was really stupid on his part
    So, anyone who doesn't accept your trade offer is stupid?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      So, anyone who doesn't accept your trade offer is stupid?
      No. I didn't say that did I?

Keeping a player with a dead contract instead of taking a decent keeper in return is stupid. Sorry, but no other way to put it. We trade during the off season and I know a few teams would have wanted Freeman. You could have easily dealt him and maybe another of your "great" keepers for a pretty big upgrade in the off season.

What's better, having 8 potential keepers for 8 spots or having 9 potential keepers for 8 spots? See

Heck the Puig owner would probably have jumped at giving you a $6 Puig for 2015 in return for say Freeman and Duffy and Kris Bryant!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Mith, you do get you are being a dick to madducks in a public forum, right? Reasons to keep a dead contract could be a new thread. You keep a dead contract rather than trade for a keeper because you care about your spot in the standings, or you wisely see needing your current 9 keepers for 8 keeper spots because you know it is probable there will be injury or other issue by next freeze deadline, or you would rather not deal with a dick.

Comment

Keeping a player with a dead contract instead of taking a decent keeper in return is stupid. Sorry, but no other way to put it. We trade during the off season and I know a few teams would have wanted Freeman. You could have easily dealt him and maybe another of your "great" keepers for a pretty big upgrade in the off season.
          Here is another way:

I do not understand your reasoning for keeping this dead contract over a decent keeper? Would you mind enlightening me? Maybe I am missing something. I would really like to work with you and see if we can make a deal that would work for both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            Mith, you do get you are being a dick to madducks in a public forum, right? Reasons to keep a dead contract could be a new thread. You keep a dead contract rather than trade for a keeper because you care about your spot in the standings, or you wisely see needing your current 9 keepers for 8 keeper spots because you know it is probable there will be injury or other issue by next freeze deadline, or you would rather not deal with a dick.
            Or maybe he thought he could get a better keeper than Freeman?

I have to admit, I laughed out loud at your final reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Or maybe he thought he could get a better keeper than Freeman?

I have to admit, I laughed out loud at your final reason.
              Me too!! Good stuff from stomp...
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Trout has been pretty fucking weak for two months.

Comment

Is Trout as buy "low" as he's ever going to get? I'm in the hunt for a title, could deal two very good OF keepers -- Brantley and Dickerson (would be 21 & 22nd rounders next year, respectively, so very good value) -- to an out-of-contention team for Trout. OF/DH for stretch run would then be Trout, Stanton, Bautista, B.Hamilton vs. Stanton, Brantley, Bautista, B.Hamilton...have been pretty successfully rotating Dickerson, LaRoche, J.Dyson (mostly for SBs) at DH for past couple months.

Worth a shot?
                  12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                  UTIL- Benintendi
                  BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                  SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                  RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                  IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                    Is Trout as buy "low" as he's ever going to get? I'm in the hunt for a title, could deal two very good OF keepers -- Brantley and Dickerson (would be 21 & 22nd rounders next year, respectively, so very good value) -- to an out-of-contention team for Trout. OF/DH for stretch run would then be Trout, Stanton, Bautista, B.Hamilton vs. Stanton, Brantley, Bautista, B.Hamilton...have been pretty successfully rotating Dickerson, LaRoche, J.Dyson (mostly for SBs) at DH for past couple months.

Worth a shot?
                    I don't know their prices, or if this is a draft league, but unless trout is pretty pricey, I can't imagine a team trading him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      I don't know their prices, or if this is a draft league, but unless trout is pretty pricey, I can't imagine a team trading him.
                      No prices, it's a draft...and we can only keep guys drafted 10th round and lower (10th-22nd rounds), meaning first rounder Trout can NOT be kept but all waiver wire additions -- in this case Brantley and Dickerson -- are automatically last round keepers, so Brantley and Dickerson would be this guy's last two picks next year (rounds 21 and 22). It's the non-auction version of a dump trade, basically, wherein I lose two great keepers for a stud I can't keep and a shot at a title.

C- J.McCann
                      1B-Cron
                      2B- Villar
                      SS- Andrus
                      3B-Baez
                      MI-L. Gurriel
                      CI- Y.Gurriel
                      UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                        No prices, it's a draft...and we can only keep guys drafted 10th round and lower (10th-22nd rounds), meaning first rounder Trout can NOT be kept but all waiver wire additions -- in this case Brantley and Dickerson -- are automatically last round keepers, so Brantley and Dickerson would be this guy's last two picks next year (rounds 21 and 22). It's the non-auction version of a dump trade, basically, wherein I lose two great keepers for a stud I can't keep and a shot at a title.
                        I wouldn't do it. Brantley looks like the real deal and his stats may not be that much less than Trouts' ROS. And Dickerson had some nice upside too. Trout looks lost..

Comment

I wouldn't do it. Brantley looks like the real deal and his stats may not be that much less than Trouts' ROS. And Dickerson had some nice upside too. Trout looks lost..
                          I agree. Trout's K rate is huge - he's K'ing once almost every 3 ABs in July and August. Worse yet, for fantasy purposes, he's not even trying to steal bases - just 3 attempts in almost 7 weeks.

Makes me wonder if he's hurt.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            I agree. Trout's K rate is huge - he's K'ing once almost every 3 ABs in July and August. Worse yet, for fantasy purposes, he's not even trying to steal bases - just 3 attempts in almost 7 weeks.

Makes me wonder if he's hurt.
                            Yeah, I'm gonna stand pat, guys, thanks.

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Another 0-4 game against buchholz for crying out loud!!

He is just bad the last month. Hitting around .200.

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X