Where have you gone Mike Trout??? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have you gone Mike Trout??? :)

The elite shine is off of this dude. Sure he is still the top fantasy player, but no longer by a big margin.

Hitting under .300...not stealing bases....it was fun while it lasted.....sigh...

I really thought he would continue to put up those crazy numbers, but apparently they were unsustainable...I know i can't be he only one who thought he might be 30/30 or even 35/30 or EVEN 40/40 this year...ah well...
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

In a game where about half of first rounders each year fall off considerable--to the point of not being worthy of 1st round status at all--we should not anger the roto gods by complaining about the #1 overall player in the world because, while he is still #1, he isn't as much better than #2 as we'd like.

Surely your efforts are better spent lamenting the down years of Davis and Longoria, or the lost years that were for Fielder and Votto.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      In a game where about half of first rounders each year fall off considerable--to the point of not being worthy of 1st round status at all--we should not anger the roto gods by complaining about the #1 overall player in the world because, while he is still #1, he isn't as much better than #2 as we'd like.

Surely your efforts are better spent lamenting the down years of Davis and Longoria, or the lost years that were for Fielder and Votto.
      What's even more astounding is he is in first place by a large margin last I heard...is 1st place not satisfying enough that you have post weekly complaints about whichever of your players is having a bad two-week stretch?
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

And I get the whole 'starting a conversation' aspect, but surely there are better ways to start conversations than with incessant whining, no?
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          And I get the whole 'starting a conversation' aspect, but surely there are better ways to start conversations than with incessant whining, no?
          two posts from you in a row... so apparently not.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Nah..Trout is my hero and I am saddened by his lack of a truly monster season
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Where is there whining? My God..I can't make a TRUE statement without one of you bringing out the whining card.. Wow...

So no one else is a tad disappointed by his production this year?

Comment

What's even more astounding is he is in first place by a large margin last I heard...is 1st place not satisfying enough that you have post weekly complaints about whichever of your players is having a bad two-week stretch?
                Actually he is not in 1st place by a wide margin. Stanton is right there with him. And some others are not that far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Actually he is not in 1st place by a wide margin. Stanton is right there with him. And some others are not that far behind.
                  I think he meant your roto team is in 1st by a wide margin.

Comment

Back to trout, I am happy about it. I traded him as a prospect and his historic production pains me.

Comment

he still leads the majors in offensive WAR by a wide margin (6.8 to 5.8). In this year of pitching domination, I can understand being annoyed at a lack of SBs, but otherwise, he's is as gold today as he was yesterday.

Comment

I think he meant your roto team is in 1st by a wide margin.
                        Yes, I was.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Where is there whining? My God..I can't make a TRUE statement without one of you bringing out the whining card.. Wow...

So no one else is a tad disappointed by his production this year?
                          Here are the last four threads you've started in the Baseball Forum.

Where have you gone Mike Trout??? - 'disappointment' at the #1 overall player, really quite asinine IMO. You did add a smiley.
                          Will you pay more than $1 for CarGo in 2015?? - I did agree with you that I won't touch him due to his injury history.
                          Trade offer confusing me... - Basically complaining about someone not agreeing to a deal that you proposed.
                          WTF Miggy....WTF - Complaining about the #22 ranked player so he's put up 2nd round production thus far. A hot two-week stretch and he'll be in the top 10. But apparently that's not good enough.

I get it, they aren't meeting your expectations, but they're not robots, nothing is guaranteed. AND YOU'RE WINNING!!!

I don't expect this to change your posting behavior but I don't plan on changing my responses either.

It's sort of like the best player on your baseball team throwing a tantrum when he strikes out in his last AB after hitting for the cycle and his team up 12-2.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

don't jink the mith jink, DMT! (i need another chris davis jink, BTW...)
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Here are the last four threads you've started in the Baseball Forum.

Where have you gone Mike Trout??? - 'disappointment' at the #1 overall player, really quite asinine IMO. You did add a smiley.
                              So I'm the only one out of millions of fantasy players disappointed by his numbers this year? Really? And they are disappointing considering the projections everyone had for him.

Will you pay more than $1 for CarGo in 2015?? - I did agree with you that I won't touch him due to his injury history.
                              Trade offer confusing me... - Basically complaining about someone not agreeing to a deal that you proposed. Not so much complaining but in utter confusion why madducks didn't make the deal. Frankly it was really stupid on his part
                              WTF Miggy....WTF - Complaining about the #22 ranked player so he's put up 2nd round production thus far. A hot two-week stretch and he'll be in the top 10. But apparently that's not good enough. Come on ..Miggy has been a big disappointment this year...If you can't admit that, then you're delusional

I get it, they aren't meeting your expectations, but they're not robots, nothing is guaranteed. AND YOU'RE WINNING!!!

I don't expect this to change your posting behavior but I don't plan on changing my responses either.

It's sort of like the best player on your baseball team throwing a tantrum when he strikes out in his last AB after hitting for the cycle and his team up 12-2.
                              If i struck out in that situation i would be pissed too.

Trout has hit .240 the last 30 days..with 2 steals and a paltry 12 RBI..more than a two-week slide.

And NO LEAD IS SAFE..in fantasy baseball...
                              Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-14-2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X