NL-Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    September call-ups don't count toward your service time which is why so many players do get called up.
    I'm pretty sure September does count toward service time but does not count against rookie status.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Thanks guys. Depending on how many keepers I'm allowed I might hold onto La Stella and/or McGehee - they're both good OBP guys and at least right now have good spots in their respective line-ups. I'm guessing they'd each go for at least $10 in next year's auction if I let them go.

The extension thing is what's tripping me up. None of them are total slam dunks but they all have a lot of potential:

Wong - since I'll only have to bump him up to $11 I'm pretty sure he'll be a yes but I'd like for him to start taking more walks
      Ozuna - K:BB ratio is pretty scary but he's still only 23, doesn't have Marisnick to worry about anymore, and is making good on the power he was expected to show; right now I'm maybe 50/50 on extending him
      Rosenthal - closers with elite K-rates easily go for $20+, still waiting for his WHIP to come down; Cardinals seem to consistently provide a ton of save opps; probably 80/20 on extending him

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        I'm pretty sure September does count toward service time but does not count against rookie status.
        I guess I should've continued reading the discussion I was having with folks on minorleagueball on the subject - one guy agreed with me but then it was determined that he and I were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          I guess I should've continued reading the discussion I was having with folks on minorleagueball on the subject - one guy agreed with me but then it was determined that he and I were wrong.
          there's so many details to remember about this stuff. I didnt know the answer to this until recently.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I am not sure why everyone here wants you to keep McGehee. Yeah, he's cheap, but the power seems to be gone, and his counting stats are only nice because of an unsustainably high BABIP. Midnight will strike sooner or later for him and I wouldn't want to be holding the bag then.

Comment

I know nothing about NL only values, but I'd have to think Wong at $11 for three years would be very profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                Right. So many guys get called up in September because the 25-man restriction for the active roster is dropped. It does count toward service time. The innings/at-bats in September count toward rookie status, but the service days in September don't count toward the 45-day service limit for rookie eligibility.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Rotoworld reports: Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic hears that the Diamondbacks are calling up prospect third baseman Jake Lamb on Thursday.

Now I look like a genius lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Rotoworld reports: Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic hears that the Diamondbacks are calling up prospect third baseman Jake Lamb on Thursday.

Now I look like a genius lol
                    You're welcome

Comment

Working...
                    X