NL-Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-Only Keepers

With the trade deadline looming I'm trying to figure out who is expendable going into next year. In an 11-team NL-only league 5x5 (OBP) with a $280 draft budget, who do you keep out of this group (if I end up in 1st I can keep 9, 10 if I end up in 2nd)?

C - M. Montero - $17/2 years left
    C - R. Martin - $14/2
    1B - M. Reynolds - $13/2
    2B - K. Wong - $1/1 (extend to $11 until 2017?)
    3B - C. McGehee - $5/2
    SS - J. Rollins - $16/2
    CI - M. Trumbo - $30/2
    MI - T. La Stella - $5/2
    OF - J. Bruce - $38/2
    OF - J. Heyward - $37/2
    OF - M. Ozuna - $5/1 (extend?)
    OF - B. Revere - $21/2
    3B/OF/2B(?) - J. Harrison - $10/2
    2B - J. Valdepsin - $10/2

P - T. Rosenthal - $4/1 (extend?)
    P - J. Cueto - $10/2
    P - C. Kershaw - $40/2
    P - J. Chacin - $1/1
    P - R. Soriano - $18/2
    P - V. Black - $5/2
    P - J. Beckett - $5/2 (assuming he ends up in the NL)

Minors - M. Wisler ($5), J. Gray ($6), J. Lamb ($5), J. Winker ($5), Jace Peterson ($5), P. Ervin ($1), A. Susac ($5) - can keep one minor leaguer for free

Thanks!

Im not a big fan of long extensions or keeping high-priced players. I realize guys like rollins and the 30-dollar players may go higher at the next draft, but I'd rather have a lot of $$ going in.

That said:
    wong (extend maybe 1 yr),
    mcgehee,
    ozuna (extend 1 yr),
    revere (? he is the only one I question),
    harrison,
    rosenthal (I say no extension),
    cueto,
    wisler,
    gray,
    and I guess you are stuck with Montero too - that's 10.

Comment

Extensions are for a minimum of 2 years at $5 per year so Wong would have to go to $11, Ozuna to $15, and Rosenthal to $14. Not sure that both Gray and Wisler would be in the majors so one of them might be my free keeper.

No love for La Stella or Lamb?

Comment

wong (extend 1 yr)
        mcgehee,
        ozuna (extend 1 yr)
        harrison,
        rosenthal (extend 1 yr)
        cueto

and I'm of no help on your minors
        Montero
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          Extensions are for a minimum of 2 years at $5 per year so Wong would have to go to $11, Ozuna to $15, and Rosenthal to $14. Not sure that both Gray and Wisler would be in the majors so one of them might be my free keeper.

No love for La Stella or Lamb?
          I wouldnt extend rosenthal for sure. In fact, I would rather have most of that extension money heading into the draft.

And no, no love for lastella - he is a slap hitter who doesnt steal playing for one of the top 3 worst managers in baseball (Fredi will find a way to destroy his value, dont worry). Lamb is good but hasnt blown anyone away in the PCL this year...dont think he compares to gray or wisler for sure.

Comment

He's been in the PCL for 2 days and he's already 4-6 with a homer and a steal

Comment

He's been in the PCL for 2 days and he's already 4-6 with a homer and a steal
              i guess i was looking at someone else...I thought he was a pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                i guess i was looking at someone else...I thought he was a pitcher.
                With Prado now out of the picture he's the premused starting 3B for next year and might get some at-bats in September.

Comment

With Prado now out of the picture he's the premused starting 3B for next year and might get some at-bats in September.
                  That K rate scares me a bit and I dont see enough power to make up for it.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

any chance he comes up to play third right now with the goldy injury?

Comment

That's what their fans are clamoring for but it seems like he'll have to wait until September.

Comment

well...thanks for the heads up - I picked him up today in my NL.

Comment

Calling up Lamb in Sept just makes it more likely he's Super 2. Not sure ARI wants to do that.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                            Calling up Lamb in Sept just makes it more likely he's Super 2. Not sure ARI wants to do that.
                            September call-ups don't count toward your service time which is why so many players do get called up.

Comment

C - M. Montero - $17/2 years left
                              C - R. Martin - $14/2
                              1B - M. Reynolds - $13/2
                              2B - K. Wong - $1/1 (extend to $11 until 2017?)
                              3B - C. McGehee - $5/2
                              SS - J. Rollins - $16/2
                              CI - M. Trumbo - $30/2
                              MI - T. La Stella - $5/2
                              OF - J. Bruce - $38/2
                              OF - J. Heyward - $37/2
                              OF - M. Ozuna - $5/1 (extend?)
                              OF - B. Revere - $21/2
                              3B/OF/2B(?) - J. Harrison - $10/2
                              2B - J. Valdepsin - $10/2

P - T. Rosenthal - $4/1 (extend?)
                              P - J. Cueto - $10/2
                              P - C. Kershaw - $40/2

P - J. Chacin - $1/1
                              P - R. Soriano - $18/2
                              P - V. Black - $5/2
                              P - J. Beckett - $5/2 (assuming he ends up in the NL)

I would definitely keep Kershaw.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                              X