Trade offer confusing me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I understand that..but Freeman is far from a meh keeper.
    Not if he was keeper # 11 in a 10 keeper list esp if you had a 5 dollar Harper . You want me to give you a player who will help you win this year but not give me your best keeper( at least in my mine) to help me for next year.

Comment

I understand that..but Freeman is far from a meh keeper.
      Oh, I don't know...a 1st baseman who's on pace for 23 homers, 89 RBI, and a .285 average is pretty much the dictionary definition of meh.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Freeman is absolutely better than nothing and at $21 is a good price. I'm not trying to defend this owner. Maybe he just doesn't like you.

The original post said "Freeman who can be kept for $25 in 2015".

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Oh, I don't know...a 1st baseman who's on pace for 23 homers, 89 RBI, and a .285 average is pretty much the dictionary definition of meh.
          Also on pace for about 105-110 runs. With plenty of upside going forward. You're paying for next year and in todays game those are some good stats for a 1b.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
            The original post said "Freeman who can be kept for $25 in 2015".
            The $25 is in a league with a $300 draft budget. He would be $21 in a league with standard $260 budget.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Also on pace for about 105-110 runs. With plenty of upside going forward. You're paying for next year and in todays game those are some good stats for a 1b.
              But at 25 that is not a GREAT keeper

And Goldy is a great great help for this year.

I want great for great!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                Not if he was keeper # 11 in a 10 keeper list esp if you had a 5 dollar Harper . You want me to give you a player who will help you win this year but not give me your best keeper( at least in my mine) to help me for next year.
                I dont care if I am helping someone else win as long as it improves my team for next year. As usual it comes down to player valuation. .I must value Freeman more than you guys do.

Comment

I dont care if I am helping someone else win as long as it improves my team for next year. As usual it comes down to player valuation. .I must value Freeman more than you guys do.
                  what is the rest of your roster??? Any better keepers ????

Comment

But at 25 that is not a GREAT keeper

And Goldy is a great great help for this year.

I want great for great!!!!
                    But is good for great better than nothing for great?

Comment

what is the rest of your roster??? Any better keepers ????
                      On my phone so I cant post my roster.

I dont have much

g.richards $1
                      Altuve $24
                      mesoraco $1
                      Cespedes $26

Comment

More to the point, what does his roster look like? We are only surmising he might have 10 players that are better keepers than Freeman. Perhaps he does...it would help us complete the puzzle for you.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          More to the point, what does his roster look like? We are only surmising he might have 10 players that are better keepers than Freeman. Perhaps he does...it would help us complete the puzzle for you.
                          This entire thread is hilarious. At least to me it is.
                          The potential keeper list (can keep 8) of the other owner (me):

C- D'Arnaud $1
                          C - Norris $1
                          2B - Gordon $9
                          SS - Baez $5
                          3B - Bryant $1
                          OF - Springer $6
                          SP - Cueto $18
                          SP - Bailey $9
                          SP - Duffy $1
                          SP - Paxton $1
                          SP - Nelson $1
                          SP - McHugh $1
                          SP - Bundy $1
                          RP - Holland $11

So, i still have to cut 6 from this very good list or upgrade with a 2/3 for 1 trade. Sorry Mith, as others have said Freeman is only good but not great and $25 is only a bargain for great players. In fact, i might be able to get him cheaper in the draft. Obviously, i won't have to spend much on keepers and will be more than able to bid generously in the draft on several first basemen (including Goldschmidt) that i would prefer over Freeman.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            I'm with you. I will always take the cheap guy with upside over at at-value stud. There are plenty of those at auction.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Those are good, but not GREAT, stats for a 1st baseman in this or any other modern era. I think that we all tend to overvalue our own guys, and don't understand when people don't agree with out assessment of them.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                The potential keeper list (can keep 8) of the other owner (me):

C- D'Arnaud $1 - no way keep catchers
                                C - Norris $1 -see above
                                2B - Gordon $9 - started great...does he even have a job in 2015
                                SS - Baez $5 - prospect fishing. Meh
                                3B - Bryant $1 - depends on his spring
                                OF - Springer $6 - definite
                                SP - Cueto $18 probably
                                SP - Bailey $9 nah hes good but not enough to keep
                                SP - Duffy $1 - solid keeper
                                SP - Paxton $1- depends on his performance
                                SP - Nelson $1- meh could get him for $1 at draft
                                SP - McHugh $1 -probably keep
                                SP - Bundy $1 - see Nelson
                                RP - Holland $11 - definitely keep

So, i still have to cut 6 from this very good list or upgrade with a 2/3 for 1 trade. Sorry Mith, as others have said Freeman is only good but not great and $25 is only a bargain for great players. In fact, i might be able to get him cheaper in the draft. Obviously, i won't have to spend much on keepers and will be more than able to bid generously in the draft on several first basemen (including Goldschmidt) that i would prefer over Freeman.
                                Your keeper list is littered with "maybes". I prefer sure things.

Freeman will go for $30 or more in our draft..you should know that.
                                Last edited by Mithrandir; 07-31-2014, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X