Trade offer confusing me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    I'm with you. I will always take the cheap guy with upside over at at-value stud. There are plenty of those at auction.
    I disagree. And it worked very well for me. Cheap keepers are very often worthless.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Your keeper list is littered with "maybes". I prefer sure things.

Freeman will go for $30 or more in our draft..you should know that.
      Then you better keep Freeman if he's the type of sure thing that you prefer.

I'm thinking that $18-25 is the correct price for him in our league.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Damn Mad ducks....wish you had made that trade now. :-)
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Hindsight. I have McCutchen too. So, the D'Backs will probably retaliate by breaking his hand.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm on madducks's side here now that I've seen his keeper list (ensuing injury notwithstanding)

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Then you better keep Freeman if he's the type of sure thing that you prefer.

I'm thinking that $18-25 is the correct price for him in our league.
              How long have you been in this league? You know better than that! Hell some rube paid $56 for CarGo this year....
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                I'm on madducks's side here now that I've seen his keeper list (ensuing injury notwithstanding)
                Like I said his keeper list is 4 -5 deep. Then a bunch of cheap maybes....

Comment

How long have you been in this league? You know better than that! Hell some rube paid $56 for CarGo this year....
                  CarGo is a top 10 player when healthy. Freeman is only slightly above average. I just picked up Medica off of the scrap heap to replace Goldschmidt. And if Medica ends up playing full time, he just may outperform Freeman over the final two months.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

CarGo is a top 10 player when healthy. Freeman is only slightly above average. I just picked up Medica off of the scrap heap to replace Goldschmidt. And if Medica ends up playing full time, he just may outperform Freeman over the final two months.
                    Maybe he will....maybe he will...

After the comments in this thread I have come to realize Freeman is pretty meh...but now I'm stuck with him..

Comment

Hindsight. I have McCutchen too. So, the D'Backs will probably retaliate by breaking his hand.
                      They tried.

Comment

Maybe he will....maybe he will...

After the comments in this thread I have come to realize Freeman is pretty meh...but now I'm stuck with him..
                        And he says this with a 27 point lead over second place.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                          And he says this with a 27 point lead over second place.
                          No lead is safe...not until the final day!!

Comment

Instead of being so negative about still having Freeman - at least you are still getting stats - be glad you're not stuck with Goldy and his lack of stats.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                              Instead of being so negative about still having Freeman - at least you are still getting stats - be glad you're not stuck with Goldy and his lack of stats.
                              At least he stopped whining now about me not trading lol.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Stupid question...why are you "stuck" with Freeman? You can keep him next year, part of your championship winning team! (well...likely at this point)
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X