• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade offer confusing me...

14 team...mixed...5x5...$300 draft day budget..can keep up to 8 players

I offered:

Freeman who can be kept for $25 in 2015

for:

Goldy who CANNOT be kept in 2015 (dead contract)

The other owner is in 8th place out of 14 teams with very little hope of getting into the top 4 and the money (He has 66.5 and 4th place has 87). He turned down the offer saying he had his 8 keepers for 2015. So what? Maybe he could trade Freeman or another of his keepers during the off season. We don't turn in our keepers until March 2015. And you can never have enough keeper options.

Makes no sense to me.. Unless he has another deal in the works, but he didn't indicate that he did. Or he just doesn't want to trade Goldy to me
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

The $300 budget is throwing me a little but I think I'd want a better return for Goldy, even if he can't be kept. Though his response doesn't make any sense. Though sometimes people don't want to go through the hassle of trading during the off season. Of course, if that's the case they should join a re draft league.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Sounds like this guy is an amateur.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        The $300 budget is throwing me a little but I think I'd want a better return for Goldy, even if he can't be kept. Though his response doesn't make any sense. Though sometimes people don't want to go through the hassle of trading during the off season. Of course, if that's the case they should join a re draft league.
        I can understand wanting more for Goldy, but Freeman or nothing?? Freeman would be about $21 in a $260 budget. That seems pretty damn good...

Trading deadline is this Sunday, August 3rd. After that teams can only trade with other teams within 2 places in the standings so it is unlikely he will get a decent offer once the deadline passes.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Sounds like this guy is an amateur.
          He's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            I can understand wanting more for Goldy, but Freeman or nothing?? Freeman would be about $21 in a $260 budget. That seems pretty damn good...

Trading deadline is this Sunday, August 3rd. After that teams can only trade with other teams within 2 places in the standings so it is unlikely he will get a decent offer once the deadline passes.
            Freeman is absolutely better than nothing and at $21 is a good price. I'm not trying to defend this owner. Maybe he just doesn't like you.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Freeman is absolutely better than nothing and at $21 is a good price. I'm not trying to defend this owner. Maybe he just doesn't like you.
              Hahahahaha.. i thought about that... actually he posts here so he will probably weigh in.

Comment

I can understand not wanting to take that offer. He may have 8 more profitable keepers already, or may be working on something better, or thinks he has an outside shot at 4th. I would be looking for a lot better offer than a $21 Freeman.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  I can understand not wanting to take that offer. He may have 8 more profitable keepers already, or may be working on something better, or thinks he has an outside shot at 4th. I would be looking for a lot better offer than a $21 Freeman.
                  All true....but he could trade Freeman in the off season and there would be a market for him. So you would rather lose Goldy and get nothing than get Freeman? and a lot better than a $21 Freeman for a two month Goldy rental? Will Goldy outperform Freeman by THAT much the last two months? Maybe, but maybe not.

I'd rather have a $21 Freeman than a bunch of $1 keepers with just as much downside as upside.

Comment

All true....but he could trade Freeman in the off season and there would be a market for him. So you would rather lose Goldy and get nothing than get Freeman? and a lot better than a $21 Freeman for a two month Goldy rental? Will Goldy outperform Freeman by THAT much the last two months? Maybe, but maybe not.

I'd rather have a $21 Freeman than a bunch of $1 keepers with just as much downside as upside.
                    I dont know how profitable Freeman is in your league. In my 13 team league he was projected at $23 back in March. If I already had keepers I wouldnt trade just to trade. But thats just me...
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      I dont know how profitable Freeman is in your league. In my 13 team league he was projected at $23 back in March. If I already had keepers I wouldnt trade just to trade. But thats just me...
                      Yeah i know everyone is different, as i would definitely trade just to trade if it gives me more options for the following season. You can never have enough options.

Comment

But you are assuming that he isn't looking at other options for trading Goldy. He could easily be looking for a better offer.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          But you are assuming that he isn't looking at other options for trading Goldy. He could easily be looking for a better offer.
                          I did say that in the original post.

Comment

Yeah i know everyone is different, as i would definitely trade just to trade if it gives me more options for the following season. You can never have enough options.
                            I different then most I won't always trade away player in their last year of the contract just to trade him. Esp if I already have enough keepers and you aren't giving me a better keeper then I have. Last year I tried to get Harper for cargo. He didn't want to do the trade wanted to give me middle of the road keepers. I already had my limit of keepers and his would not have made my list. So no trade. I didn't blame him for not giving up harper but if he didn't I wasn't going to settle for a meh keeper to help his team.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              I different then most I won't always trade away player in their last year of the contract just to trade him. Esp if I already have enough keepers and you aren't giving me a better keeper then I have. Last year I tried to get Harper for cargo. He didn't want to do the trade wanted to give me middle of the road keepers. I already had my limit of keepers and his would not have made my list. So no trade. I didn't blame him for not giving up harper but if he didn't I wasn't going to settle for a meh keeper to help his team.
                              I understand that..but Freeman is far from a meh keeper.

Comment

Working...
                              X