X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling the Dodgers will make a play for Cliff Lee if:

a) Beckett continues to flounder
    b) Lee shows he can regain form

Lee will easily clear waivers and whatever minor leaguers (if any) going the other way would just be PTBNLs.

Kinda surprised the Dodgers weren't able to make something happen for Benoit. I'm guessing the Padres wanted them to give up more than usual being a team in the same division.

Comment

Yanks DFA Brian Roberts after landing Prado & Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
        Papelbon, Benoit both seem to have stayed put. Phils doing NOTHING is insane. Hard to move those contracts, though.
        Hamels/Lee/Byrd/Paps will almost certainly clear waivers so I can see a team like TOR or KC making a later trade for one of them.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
          So did the Phillies do anything?

Seems like everyone got traded except for the Phillies?

(I may have missed it, so much going on)
          Fear not, The Rockies are "staying put," too. I mean, we only have the worst record in the National League, so why would we make a move to improve the team for the future? It's just been injuries and bad luck, of course. No doubt we'll be *right* there in the hunt next year, so why *would* we trade our 41-year-old closer, or our reserve veteran outfielders who have been rendered obsolete by cheap young'uns who are actually getting the job done?

I hate this organization...
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
            Fear not, The Rockies are "staying put," too. I mean, we only have the worst record in the National League, so why would we make a move to improve the team for the future? It's just been injuries and bad luck, of course. No doubt we'll be *right* there in the hunt next year, so why *would* we trade our 41-year-old closer, or our reserve veteran outfielders who have been rendered obsolete by cheap young'uns who are actually getting the job done?

I hate this organization...
            Monfort has quickly become the worst, most disconnected owner in the league.
            12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
            1B-Cron
            2B- Villar
            SS- Andrus
            3B-Baez
            MI-L. Gurriel
            CI- Y.Gurriel
            OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
            UTIL- Benintendi
            BENCH: Pence, Dyson
            SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
            RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
            IL: Buxton

Comment

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I guess Lee's not going anywhere if he hurt his arm again.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Any meaningful call up possibilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    I guess Lee's not going anywhere if he hurt his arm again.
                    If Lee is out for 2015 (which isn't a stretch at this stage), then that means they're saddle-bagged but good salary-wise. Amaro needs to be fired so they can install a GM who knows what the hell he's doing before it's too late to extract even an ounce of youthful talent by dealing off their team. They're going to have to pay good amounts of some of the contracts, but there's still a chance to get some prospects from the likes of Utley, Byrd, Hamels, and Ruiz. Man, it's going to be a very long road for them to come back, and it keeps getting longer with Amaro in charge. Not good, Phillies fans. Not good at all!

Comment

Working...
                    X