Sayonara, Tanaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per Rotoworld:

Masahiro Tanaka has been diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament.
    Oh boy. The Yankees are saying that the tear is small and Tanaka could return after six weeks following a platelet-rich plasma injection. The club noted that the right-hander has seen three doctors and none of them have recommended surgery at this point. However, general manager Brian Cashman also isn't ruling out an operation eventually being required. Tanaka is in the first year of a seven-year, $155 million contract.

Sounds like Tommy John is in the future. You'd think they would at least do it now and start the rehab instead of wait 2 months to do it but I guess he wouldn't pitch in 2015 either way.

I ended up not doing the Scherzer for Tanaka deal and still have Scherzer on the table for the contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Per Rotoworld:

Masahiro Tanaka has been diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament.
      Oh boy. The Yankees are saying that the tear is small and Tanaka could return after six weeks following a platelet-rich plasma injection. The club noted that the right-hander has seen three doctors and none of them have recommended surgery at this point. However, general manager Brian Cashman also isn't ruling out an operation eventually being required. Tanaka is in the first year of a seven-year, $155 million contract.

Sounds like Tommy John is in the future. You'd think they would at least do it now and start the rehab instead of wait 2 months to do it but I guess he wouldn't pitch in 2015 either way.

I ended up not doing the Scherzer for Tanaka deal and still have Scherzer on the table for the contenders.
      My question is simple...why is he seeing THREE doctors if the 1st two said that he didn't need surgery? Something isn't adding up for me. Either way, I want no part of that mess this year...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

So now my RJEL team has lost Jose Fernandez and Tanaka (who I traded for after Fernandez got hurt).

Comment

That's one of the best uses of a pic on rj in a long time frae, nicely done.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            That's one of the best uses of a pic on rj in a long time frae, nicely done.
            Glad you liked it, if I didn't laugh I would cry. My pitching is in near the top in all categories, but this is a huge blow and I don't know what my next move will be. On top of that at $24 in a large mixed league I looked at Tanaka as a keeper.

Comment

I know it is hard to stay upbeat about this, but it does look like his tear is on the minor side, like Ervin Santana's was. Ervin never did have the surgery.

Comment

I think Santana is the only guy that everyone mentions when they say a partially torn UCL can heal through rest and rehab. For every one Santana, how many eventual TJ's are there?
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  I think Santana is the only guy that everyone mentions when they say a partially torn UCL can heal through rest and rehab. For every one Santana, how many eventual TJ's are there?
                  Well it isn't like I'd run out and trade for the guy hoping for the best. Just trying to get owners off the ledge. Gotta have some hope, right?
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-11-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                    A: All the others.....
                    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                      Glad you liked it, if I didn't laugh I would cry. My pitching is in near the top in all categories, but this is a huge blow and I don't know what my next move will be. On top of that at $24 in a large mixed league I looked at Tanaka as a keeper.
                      If he is a keeper in your league trade him for the best expiring contract pitcher that is on a bottom half team.

Comment

In my AL only the team in first place has Tanaka at $23A. I'm in last place with an expensive Verlander. Would you take a chance on Tanaka at that price if I could do a one for one swap? Or is the price just not worth the risk?
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                          In my AL only the team in first place has Tanaka at $23A. I'm in last place with an expensive Verlander. Would you take a chance on Tanaka at that price if I could do a one for one swap? Or is the price just not worth the risk?
                          I would pass. $23 does not provide for significant profit in 2016 even if Tanaka is healthy. I would try to get a lesser player who will help next year.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Looks like we will be seeing Tanaka soon?

Comment

he had a minor setback with soreness in the shoulder, but he's still expected to pitch this year, last i heard.
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X