Thoughts on this blockbuster deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this deal?

I give Lawrie, Soriano and Robertson and get Sonny Gray $3B, Marcus Stroman $5M (soon to be $5A since he'll need to be activated soon) and a 2nd round draft pick in the minor league draft ($5 price tag). It's actually my draft pick that I traded before the season started.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
      He stunk it up again tonight, against the offensively offensive Royals. His trade value is probably at an all-time low, so I wouldn't move him just now. Hold for a month and pray.
      Word is he went through video and found a flaw in his delivery. Gonna hang on to him for a few starts to see if he can fix it.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Our trade deadline was last night and here is what I ended up with.

I traded:

David Roberton X
        Alfonso Soriano $19A
        Jonathan Villar X
        Shin-Soo Choo $30A
        Dustin Pedroia $28B
        Justin Verlander $32A
        David Murphy $8A
        Brett Lawrie X
        Huston Street $40F

I received:

Conor Gillaspie $7A
        Blake Swihart $10M
        Sonny Gray $5B
        Jake Odorizzi $5A
        Jarrod Parker $2A
        Josh Fields $8A
        Kyle Zimmer $10M

2 Second Round Minor League Picks
        Third Round Minor League Pick

I think I did pretty well, though I have a total of 13 minor league picks or prospects and on draft day you can not have more than 5. So it's going to be a busy time trading. Usually what happens is you trade a few current picks for picks the following year.

Now my potential keepers are:

Chris Davis $19C16
        Leonys Martin $15C16
        Rougned Odor $10A
        Oswaldo Arcia $10B
        Conor Gillaspie $7A
        Adam Lind $14B

Sonny Gray $5B
        Chris Archer $5B
        Jake Odorizzi $5A
        Jarrod Parker $2A
        Michael Pineda $4B
        Ivan Nova $1B
        Neftali Feliz $5B
        Josh Fields $8A

Carlos Correa $10M
        Adalberto Mondesi $3M
        Bubba Startling $5M
        Blake Swihart $10M
        Kyle Zimmer $10M
        (and I lost Addison Russell $10M )

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Just wondering what people thought on the return I got in my dump deals. Other than Robertson and Street, no one was really having a good year that people were going crazy to trade for them.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            Just wondering what people thought on the return I got in my dump deals. Other than Robertson and Street, no one was really having a good year that people were going crazy to trade for them.
            yeah, that seems good for giving up almost nobody with any value. Why did someone even trade for Soriano?

Gray and Odorizzi both look like very good pickups and the others could work out. It does make you a bit pitching-heavy in your keepers which I am never a fan of, but if that's where the value is you have to take it.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              yeah, that seems good for giving up almost nobody with any value. Why did someone even trade for Soriano?

Gray and Odorizzi both look like very good pickups and the others could work out. It does make you a bit pitching-heavy in your keepers which I am never a fan of, but if that's where the value is you have to take it.
              I traded Soriano a while back, before he was DFA'd. It was Soriano and Robertson for Gray and some scrub. So at the time Soriano was an upgrade.

Yeah, I do have too much pitching, but it is so cheap. I tried to get hitting keepers but was not able to pull of a deal. I made what I thought was a very solid offer to get Josh Donaldson at $4B but that didn't work out. I will need to do some trading and I'm sure there are teams that have too many hitting keepers and want a cheap pitcher. I'll have a busy off season.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Same as mjl, I guess I need to add Carlos Carrasco $3F ($10 for just next year if kept) to my list of potential keepers. As mjl pointed out already in this thread my keepers are already pitching heavy and now more so. One owner has already expressed interest in Carrasco.

Also, Jordan Schafer (also $10 if kept) should be under consideration if he has a starting job.

Now my potential keepers are:

Chris Davis $19C16
                Leonys Martin $15C16
                Rougned Odor $10A
                Oswaldo Arcia $10B
                Conor Gillaspie $7A
                Jordan Schafer $1F
                Adam Lind $14B

Sonny Gray $5B
                Chris Archer $5B
                Jake Odorizzi $5A
                Jarrod Parker $2A
                Michael Pineda $4B
                Carlos Carrasco $3F
                Ivan Nova $1B
                Neftali Feliz $5B
                Josh Fields $8A

Carlos Correa $10M
                Adalberto Mondesi $3M
                Bubba Startling $5M
                Blake Swihart $10M
                Kyle Zimmer $10M

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                X