Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicked our ass last night

Comment

2nd highest AB/HR in MLB behind Bautista.

.229/.364/.571 - 9th highest OPS in MLB.

Time to get him some every day AB's. Seems like the Rangers are going to live with his defense behind the plate. If only they'd do it 4-5 times a week, I'd be happy.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Reviving this thread as I've recently traded for Napoli and I'm frustrated by his days off. When he's in there, he's just crushing it right now. They need to find a way to play him more. I know he hits lefties much better than righties, but even against righties, he has an OPS of .817. He deserves to be in the line up as often as possible, but instead, it seems like every time he smashes a homer, he gets benched for two games as his reward.

Comment

In 2 months he has raised his average from .220 to .289. I traded him 2 months ago.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Since my rant above, the Rangers wised up and started playing him every day, and he hasn't disappointed. Young up-an-comers get more attention, but there isn't a catcher in either league I'd rather have right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Since my rant above, the Rangers wised up and started playing him every day, and he hasn't disappointed. Young up-an-comers get more attention, but there isn't a catcher in either league I'd rather have right now.
              I know. I traded the rights to Dee Gordon to get him for the stretch run.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                I know. I traded the rights to Dee Gordon to get him for the stretch run.

J
                Wow, good get. All I had to do is take on the long term contract of Edwin Jackson. But I was able to give Jackson away along with Anthony Gose as soon as he got sent to St. Louis, so I got a cheap Napoli for Gose, essentially.

Related to both of our deals, it continues to amaze me how many owners prefer to trade for a prospect with upside than a solid, undervalued veteran. In my league anyway, a high upside hitter like Gose, or a pitcher like Dylan Bundy (even though he is years away), will often fetch more from a dumping team than solid, cheap vets like Napoli or Anibal Sanchez. This may be a function of being in only a moderately deep league (16 team mixed), but it still surprises me, especially since we keep 15 players, so there is plenty of room to keep solid but not star players.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-05-2011, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X