Chris Davis...sigh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kracker View Post
    I can understand your concern - he is a 1st half power hitter (88 HR 1st half vs 55 2nd half) in his career. So he probably won't match 13 levels, or maybe not 12 levels. I am sure you drafted him for 45+ home runs but 30 won't be terrible. Small consolation.

PS - first post since 2011. I basically fell off the earth and now back. Boom Shakalaka.
    Welcome back!
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks guys. Kimbrel can't be kept and the Kimbrel owner is not really a factor this year.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

So.... Chris Davis...

Hitting a few homers now but precious little else... How much are we dropping him in rankings going into 2015?

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
          So.... Chris Davis...

Hitting a few homers now but precious little else... How much are we dropping him in rankings going into 2015?
          It's hard to say because so many players are dropping down the top of the rankings, but not many are making the leap up.

In his favor, he's playing 3B now, so he'll have eligibility there next season, which would be a huge boost -- conceivably, he could be a Top 3 3B with a decent season.

I'd drop him from 2k14's top 10 to maybe 30-40 in 2k15 with 3B eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

I'd drop him from 2k14's top 10 to maybe 30-40 in american league 2k15 with 3B eligibility.
            Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              It's hard to say because so many players are dropping down the top of the rankings, but not many are making the leap up.
              A lot of hitters are dropping. Maybe it's time to move up elite pitchers like Scherzer, Felix, Sale, and Cueto. Not into the top 10 but perhaps the top 25. Kershaw was already top 10 IMO.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                Fixed.
                30-40 was probably too high, but he's still likely in the Top 100 overall. This is still a guy who had 86 HRs over the last two seasons.

Comment

and he's been suspended 25 games for amphetamine usage - https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/statu...45263396540416

Comment

wow. I can't remember a suspension in Sept before, let alone a high profile one for a team that is playoff bound.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      wow. I can't remember a suspension in Sept before, let alone a high profile one for a team that is playoff bound.
                      Dude has been hot garbage most of the year and especially the 2nd half. It's addition by subtraction for them.

Comment

If he's playing this bad on amphetamines...maybe he needs to reconsider.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

he says it's for Adderall, which he had an exemption for in the past but not this year. weird that he wouldn't get an exemption this year (seems fishy).

i'm not sure it's addition by subtraction, given possible replacements (presumably it's pearce, with maybe a clevenger platoon). while he's been pretty bad this year, he has still driven in 72 runs...
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Dammit, I lost David Wright and Chris Davis this week. And with Michael Morse still out, I am screwed at corner. I'm in my finals. This hurts.

Comment

davis was actually sorta of good the last few weeks. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                                he says it's for Adderall, which he had an exemption for in the past but not this year. weird that he wouldn't get an exemption this year (seems fishy).
                                He did have an exemption for last year. It'll be interesting to find out if he didn't have one for this year since he simply failed to file the right paperwork, or if he failed the stricter ADD/ADHD test MLB gave out. I suspect the latter, and he finally decided to go back to what worked last year.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X