Chris Davis...sigh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 for last 28 with 15/2 k/bb
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      That would only happen if the other owners in our league would actually look at the trade offers!
      And when you you got a fair trade offer you backed off - and asked for a king's ransom for him.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
        And when you you got a fair trade offer you backed off - and asked for a king's ransom for him.
        It was fair, but didnt really help me enough this year. So why make it.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

It was fair, but didnt really help me enough this year. So why make it.
          what was it?
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            what was it?
            Now this was about two weeks ago. I cant remember if this is correct. Mag seven can correct me

I give: Davis, yordano, alcides or jhonny peralta and mejia

I get: adrian , papelbon, andrus, scherzer
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

To be fair, at the time I did not think Mejia was going to excel as the closer and felt Mith was speculating to use him as trade bait. I was also trying to balance the deal as we do in my NL only.

Basically I was offering Papelbon and Scherzer for Yordano (as Mith was asking about his value in the forum) and then AGon and Andrus for Davis. Mith had been hoping to get 2 players for Davis.

Eventually it fell apart when he said it would take AGon, Papelbon and Scherzer for him to consider dealing Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                To be fair, at the time I did not think Mejia was going to excel as the closer and felt Mith was speculating to use him as trade bait. I was also trying to balance the deal as we do in my NL only.

Basically I was offering Papelbon and Scherzer for Yordano (as Mith was asking about his value in the forum) and then AGon and Andrus for Davis. Mith had been hoping to get 2 players for Davis.

Eventually it fell apart when he said it would take AGon, Papelbon and Scherzer for him to consider dealing Davis.
                Wow! AGon, Papelbon, & Scherzer for Brady And..er i mean Davis. That is a kings ransom!
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I am still scratching my head over this guy. Is this a "lost" season? Will he magically pick it up in the second half?

Right now i probably will only get pennies on the dollar for him if i deal him. He is an $11 keeper in 2015. My team is in first despite his lack of production so i wouldn't be reluctant to deal him, but not for anything less than a really good player. And worst comes to worst i still can keep him at a rather cheap price and hope he comes back strong next year.

Thoughts on this enigma??

Thanks

Comment

I am still scratching my head over this guy. Is this a "lost" season? Will he magically pick it up in the second half?

Right now i probably will only get pennies on the dollar for him if i deal him. He is an $11 keeper in 2015. My team is in first despite his lack of production so i wouldn't be reluctant to deal him, but not for anything less than a really good player. And worst comes to worst i still can keep him at a rather cheap price and hope he comes back strong next year.

Thoughts on this enigma??

Thanks
                    Another enigma is this post. You state that you'll only get pennies on the dollar yet you won't deal him for anything less than a really good player. Those two points are incompatible.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Another enigma is this post. You state that you'll only get pennies on the dollar yet you won't deal him for anything less than a really good player. Those two points are incompatible.
                      Yeah ok So do you believe in him this year ROS?

Comment

Yeah ok So do you believe in him this year ROS?
                        I don't think he'll continue to suck this bad, but nor do I think he'll magically return to his 2013 form. His OPS is not that bad at .770. It was .827 in 2012 so I would expect him to end up around there, meaning I'd expect him to have an OPS around .850 ROS.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Is trading Davis for Kimbrel selling too low?

Comment

i think you're stuck with him. hope he turns it around this year in the second half or next year, but if you deal him now, you've already recognized that you're selling low.

as an o's fan (and owner of crush in RJ mock 1) i'm hoping this is another mith jink .
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I can understand your concern - he is a 1st half power hitter (88 HR 1st half vs 55 2nd half) in his career. So he probably won't match 13 levels, or maybe not 12 levels. I am sure you drafted him for 45+ home runs but 30 won't be terrible. Small consolation.

PS - first post since 2011. I basically fell off the earth and now back. Boom Shakalaka.

Comment

If you need saves/WHIP/ERA I'd ship him for Kimbrel in a heartbeat. The Kimbrel owner might be wondering if HE'S selling too low..
                                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                                UTIL- Benintendi
                                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                                IL: Buxton

Comment

Working...
                                X