WTF Miggy....WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Miggy....WTF

What is going on with him? Even if he starts hitting like miggy, no way will he reach the numbers expected from him by everyone. I know i have been known to whine a bit here ....but this start from miggy is so bad and unexpected.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I hope you are right Stephen.....but doesnt this poor start at least give some cause for concern???
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        What is going on with him? Even if he starts hitting like miggy, no way will he reach the numbers expected from him by everyone. I know i have been known to whine a bit here ....but this start from miggy is so bad and unexpected.
        Thanks Mith, between the bitching about Puig, and now your post about Miggy, maybe my team will wake up. Now if someone can start a thread about Aaron Hill, Chase Headley, Grandy, Cody Ross, and a few others, I might have a chance this year.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, it does. I just like to use that image whenever I get a chance.

Comment

"I'm squishing your head!"
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I honestly didn't see any positive indicators coming into the season for Miggy. He is a year older coming off an injury, Fielder is gone and a new huge contract. I thought at least the back sideof the peak was here. I was able to trade him in a keeper league for Chris Davis and Matt Cain late in the off season.
              Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                I honestly didn't see any positive indicators coming into the season for Miggy. He is a year older coming off an injury, Fielder is gone and a new huge contract. I thought at least the back sideof the peak was here. I was able to trade him in a keeper league for Chris Davis and Matt Cain late in the off season.
                And Chris Davis is also pretty bad so far. Was he a 1 1/2 year wonder who is now reverting back to his mediocre play pre-2012?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

This is exactly the reason I do not like to spend big bucks on Miggy. I would rather spend big money on Heyward, Kershaw, or Kemp...wait...uh...nevermind.

Comment

the problem with the top $$$ guys is anything more than 3 bad weeks all year and you are lucky to get your value.
                    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Mendoza calling miggy!!

Comment

More Ks than Hs. It's starting to piss me off.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

He's clearly gotten too fat and couldn't play third, and the Tigers are certainly regretting his contract.

Comment

Maybe his drinking is catching up to him?

Comment

Originally posted by gregg View Post
                              maybe his drinking is catching up to him?
                              'just kill meeeee'

(can we change the no all-caps setting? We're all adults here)
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X