OnRoto is great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    So they have added a contract field? If the live chat is the biggest problem, we might be switching next year.
    I don't think ESPN or Yahoo have a contract field. I wish they did!

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      Does yahoo still offer "free" leagues, what about ESPN? How are they?
      We switched to ESPN from CBS last year. It's not very customizable, but it does what we need it to do and hasn't given us any problems. To us, that was worth having what was formerly the site fee now go to the prize pool.

Our auction is in-person so we don't need an auction room.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        We switched to ESPN from CBS last year. It's not very customizable, but it does what we need it to do and hasn't given us any problems. To us, that was worth having what was formerly the site fee now go to the prize pool.

Our auction is in-person so we don't need an auction room.
        How do you track contracts?
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          How do you track contracts?
          We don't have long-term contracts so it's not an issue for us. We maintain the salaries offline, as we have a $75 cap with 25-cent increments. ESPN doesn't support values of less than $1, but neither does any other site (except maybe OnRoto if asked.)
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
            The reason our league - ANY league - would need archived bidding is simple: when there are issues regarding the bids, how are you possible going to KNOW who bid what without question?

Also, cbs dictates who wins ties in bidding with a random system (which NO ONE can explain from cbs customer service) - NOT your league standings (which is pretty much standard...lowest team gets the player).
            No one can see losing bids (or any bids prior to FAAB running). Is that a drawback? I guess, when someone claims they placed a bid on a player they should have won but didn't, but OTOH, I don't want to be accused as commish of any improprieties from being able to view bids.

As far as the FAAB tiebreak, you can either use reverse of last week's standings, or a system that starts with reverse of draft order in Week 1 and as teams win players, drop to the bottom of the order. Most leagues I'm in use the reverse of standings.

Comment

I'm certain we're not the only league that hasn't switched due to their inability to track contracts, you'd think after 5 years they'd realize that. Oh well.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                As far as the FAAB tiebreak, you can either use reverse of last week's standings, or a system that starts with reverse of draft order in Week 1 and as teams win players, drop to the bottom of the order. Most leagues I'm in use the reverse of standings.
                Yes, but as far as I know, the lower-standings tiebreak doesn't continue after the first tiebreaker; the team that won the tiebreak drops to the back of the line (at least that's how it was a couple years ago).
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

We use OnRoto now for one of my leagues. We dont need anything fancy. It looks OK to me. But sometimes they dont update the current standings until late in the morning. Seems like it's never done before around 6 AM or so. Other sites like CBS have them within a couple hours or so after games are finished. Also, OnRoto's live standings are updated less promptly than other sites.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    No one can see losing bids (or any bids prior to FAAB running). Is that a drawback? I guess, when someone claims they placed a bid on a player they should have won but didn't, but OTOH, I don't want to be accused as commish of any improprieties from being able to view bids.

The commish on OnRoto can't see the bids until the deadline has passed. I'm sure any site would be same so the commish isn't accused of anything illegal. Once the deadline has passed everyone gets to see everything, all contingent bidding, even if it's moot. I like to see who people are bidding on past the players they won.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      The commish on OnRoto can't see the bids until the deadline has passed. I'm sure any site would be same so the commish isn't accused of anything illegal. Once the deadline has passed everyone gets to see everything, all contingent bidding, even if it's moot. I like to see who people are bidding on past the players they won.
                      Bingo

Comment

We've used onroto for ToutWars for the last few seasons. Absolutely love it. What it lacks in flash, it makes up for in usability and usefulness.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          We've used onroto for ToutWars for the last few seasons. Absolutely love it. What it lacks in flash, it makes up for in usability and usefulness.
                          FWIW (and it isn't worth much, because I don't commish any leagues any more, so I don't chose a website at all), I think CBS lost some of its advantage by losing the radio and replay stuff that had in previous years. It brings down some of the flash value of CBS, which was (and still is, just to a lesser extent) it's primary advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            FWIW (and it isn't worth much, because I don't commish any leagues any more, so I don't chose a website at all), I think CBS lost some of its advantage by losing the radio and replay stuff that had in previous years. It brings down some of the flash value of CBS, which was (and still is, just to a lesser extent) it's primary advantage.
                            Great comment. Being able to listen to the game directly from the website kept me on there for extended periods of time. Now, I browse the games and move on to other things...

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              I can see both pros and cons to seeing all the bids. It's an extremely minor issue, either way.
                              I know it's a small issue, but there IS an advantage for the commish when using CBS. I can see who doesn't win who. For example, in my league, I grabbed Hector Rondon last week. I knew that no one else even bid on him in the two FAAB days before that. He wasn't a contingency bid on anyone's list. This gives me (not necessarily game-breaking, but handy) information that the other owners do not have. I also know bid and lost and who didn't bid. I know who was outbid and may be more receptive to taking that player in a deal.

On OnRoto (and TQ before them), every owner gets to eventually see everything the commish saw while he was running transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                                I know it's a small issue, but there IS an advantage for the commish when using CBS. I can see who doesn't win who. For example, in my league, I grabbed Hector Rondon last week. I knew that no one else even bid on him in the two FAAB days before that. He wasn't a contingency bid on anyone's list. This gives me (not necessarily game-breaking, but handy) information that the other owners do not have. I also know bid and lost and who didn't bid. I know who was outbid and may be more receptive to taking that player in a deal.

On OnRoto (and TQ before them), every owner gets to eventually see everything the commish saw while he was running transactions.
                                How do you see other bids on CBS?

EDIT -- you must not be using CBS' FAAB system, and must be using 'By Commissioner Approval' bidding. So that's not so much a CBS thing then.
                                Last edited by revo; 04-14-2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X