Josh Hamilton Out 6-to-8 Weeks (4/9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
    i might be tempted to drop bruce at that salary. if you think chris davis is bad, have a look at bruce's numbers. although that pickup salary is daunting. that's a really strange way to do FAAB/WW/pickups.
    I think I'm going to bring up to my league that something with FA pickups needs to change.

If you pick up a player off of WW, his new salary is equal to what you paid in FAAB dollars. I just don't have any left. Chances are I won't get Hamilton, but we'll see if the league is sleeping.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Echo what MJL said...pick him up ASAP. He's worth double digits in just about any format...and I'd dump Lamb.
      +3. If you had a sane drop/pickup system, it'd be Bruce, but with what you have, Lamb's the right choice IMO.

Good luck.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think he has a normal drop/pickup system - the way two of my three leagues work is that if a player is picked up the week after being cut, he retains his salary, but after that he gets the salary of the bid that was used to pick him up. I think he's just asking if it's worth trying to get him for $1 if nobody is paying attention. I'm trying the same thing with Brandon Phillips this week in a 12-team mixed, and I picked up Alonso for $6 in a 10-team NL this week. Not sure that'll be a fantastic deal or anything, but it's something.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

that's a recipe for GMs trying to game the FAAB system at the end of the season, which is a recipe for bad blood. in my main league we actually call the rule that states that a players salary is the highest of any method by which he was purchased in the previous year the "yura clause" because that's the name of the GM that tried it first (before we had an explicit rule about it). i think we put it in in the second or third year of the league's existence (started in '92) to avoid just those kinds of shenanigans.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Our league, as soon as a player becomes a FA, his salary becomes one dollar. I'm going to try to get it changed to something more reasonable, but they don't like suggestions from new people.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
            X