Josh Hamilton Out 6-to-8 Weeks (4/9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Hamilton Out 6-to-8 Weeks (4/9)

torn capsule in his thumb, surgery needed. Just reported on MLB Network.

A risk is a risk is a risk...

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Stupid idiot...never slide into first base

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Stupid idiot...never slide into first base
        Copied and forwarded to Puig.

Comment

I saw on mlbdepthcharts that shuck is the starter in lf now...would laa really do this?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
            I saw on mlbdepthcharts that shuck is the starter in lf now...would laa really do this?
            What else would they do? Their farm is awful. Shouldn't have given up Grichuk as a throw-in

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              What else would they do? Their farm is awful. Shouldn't have given up Grichuk as a throw-in
              I wonder if there's any chance that they'll try Cron out there...he certainly can't be a worse defender than Trumbo.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I wonder if there's any chance that they'll try Cron out there...he certainly can't be a worse defender than Trumbo.
                Well, Ibanez is the DH so they could move him to LF and use Iannetta and Conger together, or Ibanez in LF and Cron at DH. Ibanez or Cron in the outfield? Which is worse?

Comment

Or they could bite the bullet and sign Morales (and give Seattle a 1st round pick for him, muwhahaha).

Comment

Hamilton on the DL, what a surprise. Angel fans have to be shaking their heads with these big contracts on their team. I think there will be a combination of Shuck, Cowgill and Ibanez covering Hamilton. Cron hasn't played in the OF so not sure that is an option. I don't know of any other OFers they could bring up.

Comment

They should call the Dodgers and inquire about Ethier or Crawford.
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Hamilton has missed a week of time now, and has recently been dropped in my league. I can pick him up and his salary becomes $1, and $3 next year. Is he worth a pickup, or is he about washed up? I can keep anyone I want, as long as they are under budget...and budget is not a concern. Standard 5x5

My current hitters, with next year's salary if kept:

E.Bonifacio 3
                        J.Bruce 27
                        M.Byrd 3
                        M.Franco 3
                        C.Gomez 8
                        C.Gonzalez 46
                        A.Guerrero 3
                        J.Harrison 3
                        J.Lamb 3
                        K.Morales 3
                        J.Rollins 3
                        C.Santana 9
                        M.Trumbo 4
                        J.Werth 15

If you would pick him up, who would you drop? Keep in mind if I drop a player, he can be picked up for $1 if he's not claimed off waivers using FAAB, and cost $3 next year.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I would take him over Lamb or Franco. Even last year's numbers from Hamilton would be worth $3, and neither of those guys is doing enough right now to make me convinced that they're going to have a starting job in April. I'd say the same thing about Guerrero, but I think it's more believable that the Dodgers don't re-sign Hanley and Guerrero gets to play.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Echo what MJL said...pick him up ASAP. He's worth double digits in just about any format...and I'd dump Lamb.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

i might be tempted to drop bruce at that salary. if you think chris davis is bad, have a look at bruce's numbers. although that pickup salary is daunting. that's a really strange way to do FAAB/WW/pickups.
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X