2 days into the season, 4 projected closers already down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Belisario allows 3 in the 9th to tie it.
    on the one hand, two cue shots by Yanks to opposite foul lines and somewhat of a Texas Leaguer to tie it.
    then again, Teixeira hit a "foul 2-run HR" in the inning before whiffing.
    he was down to the last strike but needed one more whiff, I suppose...
    I'm not liking Belisario at all. I didnt see him today but in his last outing he didnt seem to have any idea of where the ball was going and he was nervous and fidgety on the mound. I'd like a FAAB refund please.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Hawkins with a 1-2-3, 12-pitch SV today
      3-1 win, Ottavino came on to get 2 outs in 8th, including sac fly. he also lost yesterday's game....
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Just watched Belisario's crap outing from yesterday. He had better command but still not that great. The batters just never seemed to be fooled by what he's throwing. Even when he paints the edge of the zone or puts the ball just off the plate the batter is still able to make solid contact.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Valverde implosion today, and he's DFA'd.

the latest panic move was to make him the fill-in closer when Mejia isn't available, and OhJenrry pitched twice yesterday.
          Mets amazingly tried to get a 4-out SV out of Valverde, with predictable results.

I suspect Torres will become the fill-in SV guy, so a real buy in a 16-team NL-only league, lol. If the Mejia elbow blows out again, I'd expect Familia to get the full-time job. Or by August, Vic Black maybe.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Valverde implosion today, and he's DFA'd.

the latest panic move was to make him the fill-in closer when Mejia isn't available, and OhJenrry pitched twice yesterday.
            Mets amazingly tried to get a 4-out SV out of Valverde, with predictable results.

I suspect Torres will become the fill-in SV guy, so a real buy in a 16-team NL-only league, lol. If the Mejia elbow blows out again, I'd expect Familia to get the full-time job. Or by August, Vic Black maybe.
            Or does Matsuzaka go back to the set-up role and fill-in closer? I can't see him continuing on as a starter...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Black actually got called up to take Valverde's spot.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• part of this will depend on who is MGR.
                I don't think Collins wanted Black, so don't expect him to get a key role anytime soon.
                but if he gets fired, all bets are off.
                I can't imagine anyone dumb enough to prefer Black to either Mejia or Familia anytime soon - but, this is the Mets..

K-Rod w 2-run lead and 1 out to go allows HR, 1B, 2B to tie it, Brewers later lose, but he has a long leash....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• NYM: Weird. Mejia in top of 8th up 4-2 over PIT. Maybe Collins figures he prob won't have him tomorrow so he''ll get 2 IP out of him tonight? And it didn't look good at first...Martin K, walked Marte, N.Walker single Marte to 3rd, got Alvarez to ground into DP.

Meanwhile, Grilli out for bottom of 8th.
                  12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                  UTIL- Benintendi
                  BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                  SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                  RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                  IL: Buxton

Comment

• And Mejia gets the 2 inning save. Which is cool, I guess, as long as it means he still has the job.

Comment

• 36 pitches for Mejia
                      desperate MGR will throw anything off side of the boat, like deGrom 122 pitches

Dice-K pitched 6 on Sun, not kidding I expect he gets Wed SV chance
                      wildwildwest

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Argh, I already have too many pitchers in my NL-only and now Black gets called up. Better bet to get saves this year - Black or AJ Ramos? Is there any reason that I would regret dropping AJ?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          Is there any reason that I would regret dropping AJ?
                          no. Cishek doing great, MIA actually not out of the playoff picture yet so may not sell this summer.

Comment

36 pitches for Mejia
                            desperate MGR will throw anything off side of the boat, like deGrom 122 pitches

Dice-K pitched 6 on Sun, not kidding I expect he gets Wed SV chance
                            wildwildwest
                            The Mets, a not very good baseball team, are about to get their 5th save chance or tied game at home in ninth (i.e. closer situations) in 4 days this afternoon. This just doesn't happen to bad teams. I guess the baseball gods love to mess with teams with bad bullpen management.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              The Mets, a not very good baseball team, are about to get their 5th save chance or tied game at home in ninth (i.e. closer situations) in 4 days this afternoon. This just doesn't happen to bad teams. I guess the baseball gods love to mess with teams with bad bullpen management.
                              Or Lucas Duda could hit a 2-run HR in the 8th to make it a 5-0 game

Comment

• Familia with the 5-out SV, but only 19 pitches. maybe he'll start tomorrow!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X