No announcement yet.

2 days into the season, 4 projected closers already down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save situation in NYY and apparently it's Mujica, not Koji, warming up. Haven't been following too closely, but has Koji pitched a few in a row or something?

UPDATE: Matthew Pouliot ‏@matthewpouliot 2m Uehara didn't pitch Thursday, so there must be something wrong. However, he is sitting in the pen, which suggests it's not serious.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

Uehara didn't pitch yesterday. Last pitched on Wednesday and only threw 11 pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Uehara didn't pitch yesterday. Last pitched on Wednesday and only threw 11 pitches.
        They didn't need to bother with Koji...it was only the Yankees...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

https://twitter.com/ScottLauber/stat...06911607525377 -- felt shoulder soreness before game

Comment

K-rod looked really good tonight

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              K-rod looked really good tonight
              So did Henderson -- hit 96 twice

Comment

Originally posted by eephus View Post
                We'll know a lot more in a couple of days. Any committee member except maybe Otero is worth a speculative pickup at this point (they've all been snatched up in my leagues except Otero again). With the way things have been going this spring, it probably means that Dan Otero will end up with 40 SV.
                rotoworld:
                Athletics manager Bob Melvin confirmed Friday that he's still planning on using a closer by committee in the ninth inning, but that Ryan Cook is not yet a part of that mix.
                Cook is working his way back from a right shoulder strain, having just been activated off the disabled list on Monday. Luke Gregerson, Sean Doolittle and Dan Otero are expected to share chances in the ninth inning for the time being.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Veras just blew another one. Can't imagine his leash is terribly long.
                  Veras.

Gets manager vote of "confidence."

Loses job seventeens seconds later.

#Death #Taxes #VotesOfConfidence

Strop or Rondon? Seems like Pedro would get first crack, no?

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Jose Veras officially removed as Cubs closer. I know, we are all in shock.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                      Strop or Rondon? Seems like Pedro would get first crack, no?
                      Strop has had a few shaky outings lately as well. Chicago Tribune beat writer Marc Gonzales is speculating that either Hector Rondon or Justin Grimm will initially get save chances. Rondon has been the most effective reliever for the Cubs so far this year, so I can see that happening for the short term. Once Veras has his command back, he will return to closing so that he can be flipped in July.

Comment

• Uehara headed to DL as well. Dropping like flies. On the positive side, I didn't pay for any closers. On the negative side, I still don't think I have any.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          Uehara headed to DL as well. Dropping like flies. On the positive side, I didn't pay for any closers. On the negative side, I still don't think I have any.
                          Cavebird, where did you read Koji definitely headed to DL? Snagged Mujica last night so (sorry, Koji owners), I won't exactly be sad if it happens, but still, haven't been able to find news that he's officially DL-bound.

C- J.McCann
                          1B-Cron
                          2B- Villar
                          SS- Andrus
                          3B-Baez
                          MI-L. Gurriel
                          CI- Y.Gurriel
                          UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                            Cavebird, where did you read Koji definitely headed to DL? Snagged Mujica last night so (sorry, Koji owners), I won't exactly be sad if it happens, but still, haven't been able to find news that he's officially DL-bound.
                            Nothing definitive yet. Koji's going to try to play catch tomorrow morning. He missed two months with back issues a couple of years ago, so I am just speculating. He's always been a great pitcher, but he's never been able to hold up very long.

Comment

• valverde gives up 3 ER tonight to blow the save...
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• GRegerson w the save tonite for Oakland. A little shaky, but he got it done. Still dont know if he's the favorite but noone was warming up while he was in there. Doolittle came on in the 8th. I have Gregerson in 2 leagues so I hope he's the one.

Comment

Working...
                                X