No announcement yet.

2 days into the season, 4 projected closers already down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk Soria for a second. Not too pretty so far. Feliz reportedly throwing mid-90's in AAA. Some have Ogando as next in line, but do you think Feliz comes back up & takes over if Soria struggles? Frasor? Cotts?

Who would you bet your 401(k) on?
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

• Uehara update

On Friday night, Uehara compared the sensation he felt in his shoulder with a situation that arose two seasons ago, when he missed two months with the Texas Rangers and was limited to a career-low 36 innings. In that instance, the shoulder stiffness became a recurring problem each time the right-hander attempted to come back.

Comment

• Ogando with the save in TEX.

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Doolittle w the save today for Oakland. Gregerson pitched the 8th. So, it looks like at least a 2-man committee at present. Cook has not pitched at all the past 2 days and neither has Johnson. But these committees never last long. Someone always ends up being named the closer after 2 weeks or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
            Let's talk Soria for a second. Not too pretty so far. Feliz reportedly throwing mid-90's in AAA. Some have Ogando as next in line, but do you think Feliz comes back up & takes over if Soria struggles? Frasor? Cotts?

Who would you bet your 401(k) on?
            Honestly, I think that Soria keeps the gig, unless there's something physically wrong with him. The biggest problem that Texas has right now is the offense, or lack of it. It's just sad to watch....
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Looks like it's coming down to Webb and Cleto to take over for the clearly-about-to-get-yanked Lindstrom in CHW. Webb better overall pitcher, Cleto with more gas but weirdly doesn't K many guys. Who'd be your bet?

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                Looks like it's coming down to Webb and Cleto to take over for the clearly-about-to-get-yanked Lindstrom in CHW. Webb better overall pitcher, Cleto with more gas but weirdly doesn't K many guys. Who'd be your bet?
                Cleto's MiLB walk numbers scare me.

Comment

• doolittle with the save tonight...

ETA: oops - didn't go to the next page before this response to the gregerson save last night...
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by eephus View Post
                    Cleto's MiLB walk numbers scare me.
                    Exactly why I snagged Webb over him last night. Cleto's got closer velocity, not so much closer control.

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Does Jose Veras get the job back in a month? Ever? I think it's too early to drop him, since I only own him in 2 leagues and they're both incredibly deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Does Jose Veras get the job back in a month? Ever? I think it's too early to drop him, since I only own him in 2 leagues and they're both incredibly deep.
                        you would think the cubs would be motivated to give him another shot so his trade value goes up.
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                          you would think the cubs would be motivated to give him another shot so his trade value goes up.
                          I would think that. I am just not sure if Renteria agrees.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            I agree, but he needs to stop shitting the bed in order to even get that next shot. I think he'd need several weeks unscathed to get another chance, right?
                            Right, no manager is going to tolerate a closer who's as awful as Veras has been. If he doesn't get it together, his trade value would be minimal regardless of whether he's the 'closer' or not. It's certainly possible Veras will regain his form and return to closing duties, but he's going to have to earn it.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• my three "closers" in the AFL 15 team mixed league we draft in november......you guessed it, Jannsen, Parnell, Veras......
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• In Mock One I drafted Hawkins, Veras, Henderson. Who knew Hawkins was the most stable of the bunch?

Comment

Working...
                                X