2K14: Robinson Cano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
    Then you weren't listening, Hornsby-- how surprising; I suppose it might be hard to hear anything over your internal monologue or whatever you refer to those voices in your head as More to the point, I'd call BS on you saying that anybody was talking about his great attitude, lol. It's been a point of contention and conversation for years. Sorry to mess with your usual silly narrative about all things New York Yankees, but BS is BS. The fact is that Cano is an extremely talented ballplayer and I actually hope he continues on his Hall of Fame trajectory, but there are some serious issues with his attitude towards the game which have been discussed for years now and I suspect that they will be exacerbated playing in Seattle.
    Then go ahead and find me post where you were anything but fully complimentary about the Yankee Cano...unlike the three preceding posts by you in this short thread that were backhanded compliments at best. I'll wait...I've got all the time in the world.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Then go ahead and find me post where you were anything but fully complimentary about the Yankee Cano...unlike the three preceding posts by you in this short thread that were backhanded compliments at best. I'll wait...I've got all the time in the world.
      wait, are you saying it was never discussed in the 'pen or that it was never an issue? In your previous post you made know indication either way and I am not sure why that would matter anyway. It is a fact that he is a dog when t comes to running balls out. A great player nonetheless but theres a perception difference when youre dogging it as one of the highest paid players in the game. I cant stand it regardless of how much you make but still.....
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        wait, are you saying it was never discussed in the 'pen or that it was never an issue? In your previous post you made know indication either way and I am not sure why that would matter anyway. It is a fact that he is a dog when t comes to running balls out. A great player nonetheless but theres a perception difference when youre dogging it as one of the highest paid players in the game. I cant stand it regardless of how much you make but still.....
        More specifically here in the 'pen...Bob pointed out 3 times in this relatively short thread, that while a great player, Cano was something of hound. Now, I simply don't recall anything like this discussed here, I'm more than willing o be proved wrong. And I have no doubt that the NY media did mention it on occasion, but I don't live in the area, so I'm not privy to the day to day stuff that goes on...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

So do you draft him like the #1 2B on the board or no? Is he back to the pack enough that he's bunched closer to Kipnis and Pedroia?
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            He's the clear #1 2B.
            No doubt.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

See what a slacker he is

Robinson Cano isn't in Friday's lineup after having a root canal on Wednesday.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                When evaluating players, "attitude" falls just about 907th on the list of criteria I consider, somewhere right behind "best shape of his life" and "loves the sauce".
                I wouldn't go that far, but it's certainly not in the top quartile of things I worry about with a fantasy team. To the other question someone else posed, Cano's clearly the #1 2B on the board. I just won't take him as high as he'll go, given that I can get a really good alternative in rounds 2 to 4 in a 12-team mixed, or for $6-10 less in my AL auction.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  I wouldn't go that far, but it's certainly not in the top quartile of things I worry about with a fantasy team. To the other question someone else posed, Cano's clearly the #1 2B on the board. I just won't take him as high as he'll go, given that I can get a really good alternative in rounds 2 to 4 in a 12-team mixed, or for $6-10 less in my AL auction.
                  I don't doubt he is the number 1 2B. He isn't a top 10 player to me so I wont own him anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I don't doubt he is the number 1 2B. He isn't a top 10 player to me so I wont own him anywhere.
                    I'm in the same boat. And unless he goes for a good price in our auction, I won't own him there, either.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

So is Robby having the best season of his career, despite the HR drop? His OPS+ of 150 is a career high, and his BA is the highest since his .342 in '06, despite a drop to 10 HRs. Plus, he's revitalized baseball in Seattle, as they're competing for their first post-season spot since '01.

Comment

Working...
                      X