No announcement yet.

2k14: CC Sabathia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I think we need to re-visit this in mid-March.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I swear I saw a quote that he was throwing 88 this time last year too. Not panicking yet.

Comment

His #1 status is long gone but his fantasy price tag does not reflect that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Unsure why you and cavebird would use benchmarks or comparisons from last year as evidence that something good is happening.....

He was terrible last year. If the same thing is happening this year as last year, it may not be time to panic (again, unsure when that would be, exactly) but it's probably time to jump ship.

And if he's actually worse than last year? Yikes.
          Agreed, I'm not going anywhere near him.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Unsure why you and cavebird would use benchmarks or comparisons from last year as evidence that something good is happening.....

He was terrible last year. If the same thing is happening this year as last year, it may not be time to panic (again, unsure when that would be, exactly) but it's probably time to jump ship.

And if he's actually worse than last year? Yikes.
            I never said something good was happening. I just said it seemed iffy to jump to any conclusions at all based on velocity in the first spring training start. I have no intention of paying name value for C.C. this year, regardless of velocity in spring training.

Comment

I'm not sure if all the weight loss buzz will raise his price, or if all the velocity buzz on top of his horrid 2013 will drive his price way down, but CC still represents enough upside to gamble on at the right price. I suspect he'll go for much more than I'd gamble on him, but if my league was populated entirely by some of the folks on these boards, I suspect I'd end up with CC.

I don't think he'll ever be what he was, but he seems dedicated, at the least, to trying to recapture some effectiveness. The jury is still out on whether he can, but I'm not ready to write him off yet. Depending on your league, his horrid year last year along with his velocity trending down might scare off people enough to where CC's price could deflate enough for him to represent a risk worth taking.

Comment

CC's career decline really got out of hand fast, huh?

Sure, let's check in come June, but here's a guy who could really use a new wrinkle to his repertoire given the velocity/performance decline.

Comment

Toast. He looks awful.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Yeesh. The Astros are beating on Sabathia like a red-headed stepchild.
                    And the mighty Hoes...LJ that is...takes him deeeeep!
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

5-6 pitches at or above 90 on the night

Comment

lock the thread, sort of

@WFAN660: Joe Girardi: "Fair to say" that CC Sabathia is done for year. Read cbsloc.al/1qFCRSG
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                        X