2K14: Michael Pineda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    I don't think that's accurate. Neither does Dirk Hayhurst: http://deadspin.com/a-major-league-p...all-1562307090
    right - that article reinforces that tacking agents (like pine tar) just help grip, while slicking agents actually drastically change the trajectory of the pitch.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      for one, it would affect fielders who need to catch and throw the ball.
      i doubt it. i've never heard any fielder complain about this despite its widespread use.

it's not like a shit-ton of the material is transferred directly to the ball - it's the fact that it's on the fingers of the pitcher that changes things. and even if it *were* transferred to the ball, the probability that the fielder happens to have his fingers in the same place on the ball would be small. especially given how often balls are changed out now.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Pineda left a sim game with tightness in his right lat. Start Monday is "probably in jeopardy" according to Girardi.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
          Pineda left a sim game with tightness in his right lat. Start Monday is "probably in jeopardy" according to Girardi.

https://twitter.com/FeinsandNYDN/sta...34219109584896
          I am hearing 4-6 weeks and it's actually a strain. Pretty much what Kershaw has.

Comment

Working...
          X