2K14: Michael Pineda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K14: Michael Pineda

Yankees quietly encouraged and excited about what they see in Michael Pineda-- signs of velocity increase. A big X-factor for them.

Pineda is supposedly healthy at long last. He will compete with David Phelps, Adam Warren, and Vidal Nuno for a spot in the Yankees' rotation this spring. He certainly has the most upside of that group. What do expect from him in 2014?

if he's healthy, he should easily be able to outdistance himself from that crew. Phelps is better suited as a long reliever, and Nuno already did well as a reliever for them.

Comment

Until a scout holds up a gun and puts a radar reading out, it's all org fluff.

Comment

They were talking about Pineda's alleged use of pine tar for the first 4 innings last night on MLB radio this am.

I googled some images and GIFs of it. It pretty much covered his whole palm and was brown and glistening. Eckersley said it was obviously pine tar.

ny_u_michael-pineda5_mb_200x300.jpg

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          They were talking about Pineda's alleged use of pine tar for the first 4 innings last night on MLB radio this am.

I googled some images and GIFs of it. It pretty much covered his whole palm and was brown and glistening. Eckersley said it was obviously pine tar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504[/ATTACH]
          This was all over MLB news today. Not sure how much of a story it is, although Pineda clearly lied about it.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            This was all over MLB news today. Not sure how much of a story it is, although Pineda clearly lied about it.
            Sounds like it's pretty much an accepted practice to get a better grip on the ball, although Pineda clearly overdid it...The Red Sox knew about it and didn't bother to protest, so that tell you quite a bit right there. Apparently, the rules follow under the "must appeal" section of the rulebook, so even if the Umpires notice it, that can't do anything about it unless the other team complains. Similar to leaving a base early, even if the Ump notices, he can't call it unilaterally.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Pineda is already worth more for the Yanks than Montero ever has been for the M's. Good lord, Montero is awful. And good for Pineda for working his way back to the big leagues through some pretty tough injuries. He's looked pretty darned good out there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                Pineda is already worth more for the Yanks than Montero ever has been for the M's. Good lord, Montero is awful. And good for Pineda for working his way back to the big leagues through some pretty tough injuries. He's looked pretty darned good out there this year.
                3 starts. This trade is still in the "we don't know who won mode." But yeah, you are behind now. Before this, well, it was even.

Comment

Pineda ejected for having pine tar on his neck in the second inning. He was clean in the first.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    Pineda ejected for having pine tar on his neck in the second inning. He was clean in the first.
                    At least he's cheating the old fashioned way!

This one will draw a suspension, probably 10 games.

Comment

I don't get it...why was it an accepted practice and no big deal the first time, but an ejection and a probably 10 game suspension this time for the same cheat?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I don't get it...why was it an accepted practice and no big deal the first time, but an ejection and a probably 10 game suspension this time for the same cheat?
                        I'm guessing that it depends on the game situation, if the Red Sox thought that he was settling down and maybe it was going to be a long night, why not pull out the "cheater" card and get him tossed? The Yanks are shorthanded and losing Pineda for 2 starts (potentially) is a pretty good poker move by Boston.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

You can't use it in plain sight like that. Fans were yelling into the dugout telling Farrell to check it while pointing to their necks

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            I'm guessing that it depends on the game situation, if the Red Sox thought that he was settling down and maybe it was going to be a long night, why not pull out the "cheater" card and get him tossed? The Yanks are shorthanded and losing Pineda for 2 starts (potentially) is a pretty good poker move by Boston.
                            I also don't get the part that cheating is only cheating if the other team calls it out. My understanding is that even if an ump noticed it, he couldn't eject Pineda unless the other team pointed it out. This is a weird rule all around.

Comment

pineda is an idiot. it was so blatant.
                              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                              X