AJ Burnett signs with....the Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottw View Post
    Isn't Spike Eskin Howard's son? Same weasely voice. Lucky us, we get another generation of 'em!
    Yes he is. Funny thing is, though, he's one of the least obnoxious spots talk guys in Philly, not that that's saying much.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Back to Burnett, Sandberg has said he wants to give decent playing time to Freddy Galvis, the best IF defender on the team. I would not be surprised to see Galvis play 2B or SS during Burnett's starts.

Comment

Phillies you can thank the Bucs for being so damn cheap!!

Comment

A.J. Burnett and the Philadelphia Phillies have completed a contract that guarantees the pitcher $15 million for 2014 and $22.5 million over two seasons.

Under the deal finalized Sunday:

$7.5 million signing bonus ($1 million Dec. 15, $2.75 million next Jan. 15 and $3.75 million on June 30, 2015)

2014) $7.5 million salary

2015) $15 million mutual option (with $1 million buyout. Burnett would receive the buyout only if either party declines and he fails to make 30 starts this year)
          or
          a player option for $7.5 million + $1 million for 24 starts this year, + $1.5 million for 27, + $1.75 million for 30 + $1 million for 32.

He can earn an additional $1.75 million annually in performance bonuses: $500,000 each for 24 and 27 starts, and $750,000 for 30.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Burnett arriving at the Phillies camp. LOL at the equipment bag.

53017c1de383e.preview-620.jpg
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Burnett arriving at the Phillies camp. LOL at the equipment bag.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475[/ATTACH]
              IMO, it would be funnier if it was a Yankees bag.

Speaking of which, do the Yankees sell a duffle bag with pinstripes? I think it would be a great seller.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                Speaking of which, do the Yankees sell a duffle bag with pinstripes? I think it would be a great seller.
                A quick look only brings this one to my eyes. Not really a "pinstriped bag", but pretty close. I like A.J.'s bag better, though I certainly hope that his new teammates made fun of him. He certainly has the money to go out and buy a non-Pirates bag, but he possibly did not have time to head to a store.

5780595.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
                  A quick look only brings this one to my eyes. Not really a "pinstriped bag", but pretty close. I like A.J.'s bag better, though I certainly hope that his new teammates made fun of him. He certainly has the money to go out and buy a non-Pirates bag, but he possibly did not have time to head to a store.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476[/ATTACH]
                  That's not bad, but I'm talking about a bag that's entirely pinstripes. I think they could sell a million of them, because as much as I dislike the team, I have to admit that the pinstripes are iconic and cool.

As for Burnett, why should he spend money on a Phillies bag when he can get one for free now that he's reported to training camp?
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Watints View Post
                    Phillies you can thank the Bucs for being so damn cheap!!
                    They have nice equipment bags, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      They have nice equipment bags, though.
                      He probably uses the Pirates bag to carry all of his Phillies money.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Interesting quote given the prior discussion about AJ and how he'll do going to a team that doesn't shift as much:

Starting pitcher A.J. Burnett was visibly upset with shortstop Clint Barmes' positioning in a game at Texas last week. “I don't have a problem with Clint Barmes,” Burnett later told reporters. “I have a problem with (expletive) shifts.”

(note that this might just indicate that he is a meathead)
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                        X