2014 Real Mock Interest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Real Mock Interest Thread

Starting a new thread to get some hits. I heard anyone can win this so I'm back in, and will pm those from last year with a link to this. So far we have 7--dj, revo, piney, hornsby, mg, and will. 13 to go.

12 of the 13 others from last year pm'ed, Hammer's inbox is full. Couple of them--Knuckeleballs and Silent Mist--haven't checked in since last summer, it is likely we will have room for at least a couple of replacements, so post here if you want in. Discussion thread from last year with the rules here: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...ight=Real+Mock

Comment

I wouldn't mind doing it if we set it up in MockDraftCentral. I just don't care for searching through threads to track who is drafted & who is available.

Comment

I'm in...would prefer MDC as well.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm in, I agree about MDC.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'm game to be the basement dweller.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I'd rather do it here but I'm in either way.

Comment

I'm in if there is a spot left.

Comment

Sure, I'll rejoin.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                    12 of the 13 others from last year pm'ed, Hammer's inbox is full. Couple of them--Knuckeleballs and Silent Mist--haven't checked in since last summer, it is likely we will have room for at least a couple of replacements, so post here if you want in. Discussion thread from last year with the rules here: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...ight=Real+Mock
                    I'm in if you'll have me.
                    Been a while since I did a mixed straight draft. 25+ years in NL-only auctions.
                    Didn't catch whether this was standard 5x5 or not in the link noted.

Comment

I'm in. MDC would make it easier.

Comment

I will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post
                          I'm in if you'll have me.
                          Been a while since I did a mixed straight draft. 25+ years in NL-only auctions.
                          Didn't catch whether this was standard 5x5 or not in the link noted.
                          They've been standard 5x5 roto for the most part...maybe we did OBP replacing average once, but I really don't recall that.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'll do it if you still need another.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Think we have 18 so far. If we run it on Yahoo I believe we are limited to 20. MDC has something about doing the league there for 25 dollars, and going up to 32 teams. What is their limit on teams for the regular membership, I only have a free one.

Here's the settings from last year:

Setting Value

Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....otojunkiemock1
                              Season Type: Full
                              Draft Type: Offline Draft
                              Max Teams: 20
                              Scoring Type: Rotisserie
                              Player Universe: All baseball
                              New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them View List of Forced Players
                              Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
                              Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
                              Trade Reject Time: 2
                              Trade End Date: August 18, 2013
                              Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
                              Waiver Time: 2 days
                              Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
                              Waiver Mode: Standard
                              Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
                              Trade Review: League Votes
                              Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
                              Max Games Played: 162
                              Max Innings Pitched: 1500
                              Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
                              Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
                              Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)
                              Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X