Results from the FSTA draft posted online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results from the FSTA draft posted online

RealTime Fantasy Sports - Fantasy Football, Baseball, Basketball, Best Ball, plus Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS).

Billy Hamilton 54!!

Lots of interesting picks. I enjoy checking Ron Shandler's out to see where he's varying from the Forecaster.

But isn't Hamilton the 77th pick?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I looked at what rookie-eligible guys were and werent picked. Some curious items:

- Davidson and Owings were not picked, even tho they're both scheduled to be starters and probably will be on most top 100 lists. Yet Alex Guerrero, who probably wont sniff a Top 100 list was picked.
      - Odorizzi and Erik Johnson both scheduled to be starters on opening day and probably will be on most top 100 lists, werent picked. Yet Trevor Bauer, who probably will spend most if not all of the year in the minors was.
      - Paxton, who probably wont make most Top 100 lists, and may not even have a rotation spot, was picked. Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez, who may not make many top 100 lists but who at least appears to have a rotation spot, was not picked.
      - Javy Baez was picked, even tho he probably wont be up, if at all, until late in the year.
      - Tanaka is listed as a Yankee. The Dodgers demand that this be corrected immediately

And for the grand finale...
      - BRETT TANOS?!?! And it wasnt even the last round!

Comment

Is Owings really scheduled to be a starter? I hadn't heard anything about the Dbacks having a preference.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I listened to this draft on the way home last night and the reasoning for some of the picks was pretty much this: "finishing 2nd or finishing 13th is all the same, so shoot for the moon and hope that you hit one to finish 1st". That was the reasoning for the Hamilton pick for sure, if he hits, that get 60+ steals and win a category with one guy..not really applicable to everyday drafts and auctions.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

This is an expert league?

I'd be interested too where rhd heard Owings is starting. Everything I see has Didi starting at SS for the D-Backs. I have Owings on my team and I hope he does get some PT somewhere in 14.
            拖裤子,
            放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Thanks for posting. Anyone seen any early expert auctions posted?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Lots of interesting picks. I enjoy checking Ron Shandler's out to see where he's varying from the Forecaster.

But isn't Hamilton the 77th pick?
                I was multi-tasking last night while recording the podcast

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                  Thanks for posting. Anyone seen any early expert auctions posted?
                  the XFL one is the only auction that has happened so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    I was multi-tasking last night while recording the podcast
                    No problem. Wanted to make sure I was counting right.

I don't go for speed - even premier speed - that early in a mixed draft.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Very surprised Chris Johnson went undrafted

Comment

At first i thought you meant Hamilton went for $54 in an auction lol.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          Very surprised Chris Johnson went undrafted
                          Yeah. Sometimes I think guys are labeled "candidate for regression." And that label is accurate. But then people end up assuming too much regression and downgrade him more than they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
                            This is an expert league?

I'd be interested too where rhd heard Owings is starting. Everything I see has Didi starting at SS for the D-Backs. I have Owings on my team and I hope he does get some PT somewhere in 14.
                            Industry League would be much better descriptor

As far as Owings I would bet that he wins the starting job in April but yes there are some in the DBacks organization who believe he will be the starter and probably some who don't ... Diamondbacks depth chart (by MLB.com) does list him over Gregorius

Comment

These guys should pony up a grand each and then do the draft...winner take all. Then would would get an accurate assessment from these "experts".
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                              X