No announcement yet.

2K24: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, out of the basement. I hate to see the #1 pick go, but I guess winning is better than losing for player development. At the same time, I look at the guys on the team right now and I feel like 3 of them are sure (as you can be) to be on the team the next time it's winning.

Giles
    Nola
    Franco

Maybe Odubel but I feel like he's more of a #4 OF on a first division team
    Maybe Hernandez, but I feel like he's more of a UT guy on a good team.
    Maybe Rupp can still be a backup C.
    Maybe some of the bull-pen guys can still be useful pieces.
    Maybe (but probably not) Brown has learned something and fixed his swing
    Maybe Morgan can be a useful back-end starter

But really, only 3 of the guys on this team do I feel are part of the future. Am I missing anything?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Crawford?
      for sure, they have a bunch of guys coming along that are part of the solution. Crawford, at least 2 of the guys they got for Hamels, Altherr is playing league average OF for them next season, MLB has them with 6 guys in the top 100 for minors. I think they are only a couple of years away from being relevant again, just for the most part those guys aren't on this team that's "winning" right now.

Comment

• I think two valuable things learned this year are that Hernandez and Herrera belong on major league rosters.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Is Hernandez worth $11 as a keeper next season in a 9 team NL only league??

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
            Is Hernandez worth $11 as a keeper next season in a 9 team NL only league??
            Depends on the rest of your roster and what will be available, but my gut says no.

Comment

• I feel no too. I can't imagine he goes for much above that if you wanted to buy him at auction and think he easily goes for less. Unless you are desperate for another keeper, there have to be better potential savings elsewhere. best case here you save $3, more likely you are spending $3 too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                I think two valuable things learned this year are that Hernandez and Herrera belong on major league rosters.
                They could both be starting for a small market team, but 2-3 years from now I think hernandez is a supersub getting 3 games a week split between 2nd, OF and SS in a pinch. Herrera... 4th OF? I have to hope Quinn, Tocci, or best of all Williams is the CF at that time and I don't think Odubal should be playing a corner position.
                Last edited by heyelander; 08-18-2015, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Maikel Franco has a broken bone in his wrist and they don't know if he'll return this season.

Comment

• Jerad Eickhoff had his second straight start of 7 IP, 10 K (against WAS and NYM, although the Mets were resting a bunch of regulars). 2.65 ERA, 1.04 WHIP in 51 innings with 49 K; if you remove his one bad start (4 IP, 6 ER, 1 K @BOS) every other start was a QS.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Ruben Amaro, Jr. has accepted a position with the Red Sox to be their........1st base coach?
                      You can't blame Amaro for thinking that's where the money is.
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Ruben Amaro, Jr. has accepted a position with the Red Sox to be their........1st base coach?
                        It's a position his dad held for many years, mostly with the Phillies. I suspect that's what made him want to do it.

Comment

Unprecedented move by Amaro. No other former GM has done this. He wanted to be a manager somewhere so maybe he wants to work his way up to that position.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Aaron Altherr out 4-to-6 months (i.e. buh bye) after wrist surgery today, just a few days after he said it was "nothing major."

Comment

• Poo

I guess this bumps the playing time of Rule-5 pick Tyler Goeddel. Big opportunity for Roman Quinn or Nick Williams if they can put together a good start at AAA.
                              Last edited by heyelander; 03-08-2016, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• wow. any window to pick up Velasquez just closed.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X