No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juan Lagares is about the only person that could put his toe into that ring, and he'd still lose.

Comment

What on earth has gotten into AJ Pierzynski? Another 4-for-4 tonight with 4 RBIs.

Comment

Alex Wood -- what the dealio?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Alex Wood -- what the dealio?
          With Wood, it's hard to tell.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Mike Minor gone for the year with shoulder surgery.

Comment

So I've been getting rid of Kelly Johnson... I'm assuming Uribe will play a lot of 3B, and Chris Johnson will be back from the DL soon. It seems like they have about 9 guys for 2B (Peterson, who plays a lot, plus Ciriaco, Gosselin, Peraza down the road), and a fair number of corner outfielders (Markakis, Gomes, Cunningham, EY Jr, Terdo), so I'm not sure where KJ will play when he comes back. Obliques can linger, and even though he was their best hitter for about 9 days, I think he might be trade bait.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                So I've been getting rid of Kelly Johnson... I'm assuming Uribe will play a lot of 3B, and Chris Johnson will be back from the DL soon. It seems like they have about 9 guys for 2B (Peterson, who plays a lot, plus Ciriaco, Gosselin, Peraza down the road), and a fair number of corner outfielders (Markakis, Gomes, Cunningham, EY Jr, Terdo), so I'm not sure where KJ will play when he comes back. Obliques can linger, and even though he was their best hitter for about 9 days, I think he might be trade bait.
                And they're kind of stuck with Chris Johnson too. I thought that CJ looked somewhat decent early in the year and thought that he had a bit of upside in him, but it's hard to see a path for regular playing time now with Uribe on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                  And they're kind of stuck with Chris Johnson too. I thought that CJ looked somewhat decent early in the year and thought that he had a bit of upside in him, but it's hard to see a path for regular playing time now with Uribe on the team.
                  He and KJ actually made a really good platoon. Defensively, not so much, but at least from a L/R perspective. This is just a weird trade for both teams. I guess the Braves just wanted Withrow.

Comment

Jose Peraza starting in CF tonight for the Gwinnett Braves. Perhaps this is his inside track to a faster call up...

Comment

Maybin is quietly playing well in ATL. Maybe he will be a late bloomer.

Comment

How low do I trade Teheran? What can I get back for him? Or just stick it out?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          How low do I trade Teheran? What can I get back for him? Or just stick it out?
                          An owner in my league traded Teheran in the offseason mostly to get rid of Belt's contract. Amusingly, now that owner covets Belt, and is trying to get rid of Teheran.

I share this to say that fortunes turn fast, and despite how savvy most of our league mates assuredly are, it is difficult to overcome the recency bias and trade a slumping player for anything worth making the move for. If you can make a move for anything good, I would, as Teheran showed disturbing warning signs of a down turn before this year, and I never saw him as an ace. But I also think he will be better than he has shown this year, so if you can't get anything good, ride it out, and hope for a hot streak.

For a similar player, look at Shelby Miller. He started hot, faded big, and has bounced back huge this year. Miller is pitching over his head this year, and I'd move him if I had him, but the point is you could totally move Miller right now, and he was very hard to move for anything this time last year.

Comment

Freddie Freeman out another month.

Comment

Braves just sent Adonis Garcia to the minors and activated Inciarte...kind of a blow to NL only players. Not sure why he gets punted while scrubs like Reid Brignac and Kelly Johnson get to stay.

Comment

They didn't trust his defense at 3B and would rather let him work on his defense at AAA than have him play twice a week behind Mallex Smith (whose value just skyrocketed).

Comment

Working...
                                X